French speed camera warnings

Just a quick post to let you guys know that from this month onwards the French road authorities will be removing speed camera warning signs across the country - the ones you typically see half a km before the camera site itself.

The law for this was passed back a few months ago, but obviously no one in this country was going to attend to such an undertaking ahead of the summer holidays! The margin for speeding has gradually been tightened up too, so take care on nationals and through 50kph urban areas where a couple of klicks over will see them chasing you with a fine. Just because you no longer see the sign doesn’t mean that the camera is no longer in action.

Bonne route messieurs :sunglasses:

Craig

french government is so mean :grimacing:
good for me that don’t have to work in France often. :grimacing:
But, anyway, it seems to be good changes if you take a look on it not as a truck driver.

I didn’t think you could get done on camera in France, we go to the South of France most years ( but not this year though ) and every year I phone up dvla and they tell me I couldn’t get done on camera only by radar, I’ve set a fair few off over the years whilst traveling overnight to the South at a rather nifty pace. :wink:

Its the gendarmerie hiding in the bushs with them hand held things you have to watch for in france. :open_mouth:
Plus i saw one of our police a couple of weeks back with the same type camera.
Also these type of cameras are just like binoculars so seat belts and mobile phones are on the agenda,cost me 135 euro for no seat belt. :frowning:

klunk/■■■■■■■■
Its the gendarmerie hiding in the bushs with them hand held things you have to watch for in france. :open_mouth:
Plus i saw one of our police a couple of weeks back with the same type camera.
Also these type of cameras are just like binoculars so seat belts and mobile phones are on the agenda,cost me 135 euro for no seat belt. :frowning:

I had them zoom in on my seat belt too, it was an expensive lesson :blush:

I am going over next week, but in the car with friends, the last time he was there, he got nicked, had his car impounded and banned from driving for a month. He still has an outstanding fine from it :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

I know you should never trust a sat nav but when i use mine in France and at home it tells you where police mobile cameras/radars are operating and last year in France when we were out and about during the day the sat nav came up trumps several times usually over the brow of a hill or on a bend when you can’t see to far in the distance. And as for their reduced speed ( cars im talking ) when its raining, what classifies as rain :question:

bald bloke:
… And as for their reduced speed ( cars im talking ) when its raining, what classifies as rain :question:

Trying arguing that point with Les Flics!! :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

bald bloke:
I know you should never trust a sat nav but when i use mine in France and at home it tells you where police mobile cameras/radars are operating and last year in France when we were out and about during the day the sat nav came up trumps several times usually over the brow of a hill or on a bend when you can’t see to far in the distance. And as for their reduced speed ( cars im talking ) when its raining, what classifies as rain :question:

I know its not much use when you’re travelling around but the locations of the mobile patrols are normally in the local paper. Pretty useless I know, but…

Plambert:
I know its not much use when you’re travelling around but the locations of the mobile patrols are normally in the local paper. Pretty useless I know, but…

and experience tells me where they are going to be anyway

sat nav not needed :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: