French Language

Bison Fute or the shorter version is Route Bis which means cunning bison, a big yellow sign that you follow to avoid severe congestion and holiday traffic, well worth it, and the roads are in a scenic area, by following a winding river or through a valley or gorge.
You avoid all the sheep who stick to the busy routes to their holiday destinations.
French coffee seams to be the same brand nationwide, if you ask for milk, expect wild hand and arm waving, with gestures as if you have raped their Granny.
Aire de repos is a rest area, they are free to park on toll paying motorways, some have paths for dog walkers that go in to a forest or scenic area, a long way from the noise of the motorway.Some have food and drink vans or cafes.
The UK was going to adopt the same rest area system, but the plan was dropped.
In France, the rest areas are about every 30 to 40 kms apart, to allow drivers to rest and be safe driving on long distances.
Most French famillies have two to three homes that have been passed down through the generations, so they drive a long way.

muckles:
I still can’t find the town of Toutes Directions, followed the signs for hours but never get there. :confused:

On a similar note, I can’t understand why such a big town as Byroad (which is signposted all over the country), has such tiny roads leading to it…

Good moaning…

Without fail I always always said that in my best Arthur Bostrum when pulling up at the booth in Calais, no matter who I shipped with. And not one of the humourless gits ever raised a smile