French Farmers Again

dailymail.co.uk/news/article … l?ITO=1490

Looks like the farmers are kicking off again. Be careful if you`re bringing any produce back from Spain!! :open_mouth:

Can’t blame the French for protecting their own national interests rather than being undercut by a country which, like ours, has flooded its agricultural and transport industries with cheap imported eastern European labour. Good luck to them, shame we in the UK just roll over and go belly up rather than doing something about it.

Not sure The Daily Mail should be used a reference for unbiased option!

In France Quest this morning, yes the farmers are worried about the cheap imports or fruit - many of which are only grown in Spain! - but they seem to be more concerned that much of the goods come into the country without a destination, price or customer. Anyone who runs fish from Scotland will be familiar with this scenario…

There is no excuse for mob rule - as at least one of the trailers seems to be Italian registered, one of the hundreds that run across from Spain to Italy on a daily basis!

Would it have been better - and more worthy - to give the fruit away? Just a thought.

The insurance companies and premiums will be the only thing affected by this. Vive La Unions!!

What are the chances of these people in the photos being prosecuted. They are caught bang to rights and deserve to be punished no matter what the reason for there behaver. wrong is wrong it is no different than our rioters .

thetourist:
What are the chances of these people in the photos being prosecuted. They are caught bang to rights and deserve to be punished no matter what the reason for there behaver. wrong is wrong it is no different than our rioters .

Hardly any I reckon but the Gendarme in the picture will be filling his car up I bet.

Wheel Nut:

thetourist:

Hardly any I reckon but the Gendarme in the picture will be filling his car up I bet.

Very true. I one’s saw a French trucker punch a Spanish trucker in the face at a French trucker’s road block for asking how long was the protest going to last, only for the C.R.S. to arrest the Spaniard for causing trouble. You got to just love the French!

thetourist:

Wheel Nut:

thetourist:

Very true. I one’s saw a French trucker punch a Spanish trucker in the face at a French trucker’s road block for asking how long was the protest going to last, only for the C.R.S. to arrest the Spaniard for causing trouble. You got to just love the French!

Sounds perfectly reasonable to me tourist. If the Spaniard hadn’t been there, there wouldn’t have been any trouble :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing:

Simon:

thetourist:

Wheel Nut:

thetourist:

Sounds perfectly reasonable to me tourist. If the Spaniard hadn’t been there, there wouldn’t have been any trouble :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing:

Me too, if the stupid Spaniard hadn’t left his face in front of the French protestors fist, there wouldn’t have been a punch!!

Ross.

the spanish truck driver should be sacked for allowing this to happen.

I take it as read that there was at least two dozen frenchmen and one lonely Spaniard for this show of bravery on the froggies part :question:

just shout “Hände hoch”.
that’ll stop em.
it works every time withe French.

limeyphil:
just shout “Hände hoch”.
that’ll stop em.

The Spanish have got some glass bottomed submarines, it allows their historians to inspect the Spanish Navy :stuck_out_tongue:

Wheel Nut:

limeyphil:
just shout “Hände hoch”.
that’ll stop em.

The Spanish have got some glass bottomed submarines, it allows their historians to inspect the Spanish Navy :stuck_out_tongue:

A bit like the Italian tank with one forward gear and sixteen reverse

why do they plant so many trees on the roadside in france? so the germans can march in the shade silly!!!

It’s well worth googling “french military victories” and press i feel lucky :laughing: :laughing:

off subject a little bit.
About 10 or so years ago while working for ND /Sheddicks and having a small running repair to a

trailer done at their depot in Arras,coffee and a hobnob with the forman fitter, a union man came

to me after he spotted the UK reg,telling me to go back to UK as there was about to be a

blockade later that day,we walked outside into the sunshine and I pointed to a WW1 cemetery

across the railwayline and road,I then asked him where the blockade was in 1914 and 1939?, he

sulked off, but the fitted thought it was funny.

malcolmj:
off subject a little bit.
About 10 or so years ago while working for ND /Sheddicks and having a small running repair to a

trailer done at their depot in Arras,coffee and a hobnob with the forman fitter, a union man came

to me after he spotted the UK reg,telling me to go back to UK as there was about to be a

blockade later that day,we walked outside into the sunshine and I pointed to a WW1 cemetery

across the railwayline and road,I then asked him where the blockade was in 1914 and 1939?, he

sulked off, but the fitted thought it was funny.

The french have a very limited memory.
Oh , by the way, … Why did the French celebrate so much when their national football team won the World Cup ?
Answer : Because this was the FIRST time their country had ever won anything WITHOUT the
help from other countries.

Cheers, cattle wagon man.
:

How many pallets of fruit can the motorbike Gendarme fit under his helmet or put in his side panniers on the bike,he may out sourced from another department, that can be 40 miles away from the demo,or may be posted on the station on the peage,so may come back with is car to help him self to the stolen fruit and get the sack with all those cctv cameras around,is it worth it?