French ecotax

Any one got the new ecotax device yet? If so how is it wired to truck?

Ecotax is on indefinite hiatus. Which so far looks like its going to be permanent

FIN - don’t worry yourself about the box . As of last January, the ECOTAX is a big fat non-starter in France and probably will never rear it’s ugly head again

I was contacted by AS24 yesterday to say ‘it’s official, Eco Tax commences on 1st Jan 2015’.

Don’t see how they can be prepared by then having left it this late. The French won’t want to look silly again though, so it could get interesting. I wonder how many thousands of boxes need to be sent out all over the EU?

It is official. Getting mine threw EDC. There saying it needs hard wiring to truck. Would dafs do this? They can be abit unhelpful !

Colin - you could be right , just found this on the “Eurotunnel” site

“The Heavy Vehicle Transit Tax is due to be submitted to the French Parliament in July. If the new legislation passes, it will become effective as of January the 1st 2015, after a non billable trial period starting on October the 1st 2014.”

It does say though, “IF the legislation passes”
I’ll try and find out more details on the French administrative websites

Interestingly i see they are calling it French HGV Tax and not Eco tax. That suggests to me there will be some differences to what was previously proposed.
I heard rumour that not so many roads will be taxed but it is only rumour as far as i am aware.

As with any new ‘tax’ it’s never clear until the last minute!

"

Ah thats interesting. More money being screwed from the transport industry then. Most of the gantries I’ve passed recently have had the equipment removed. They’ve got a lot of work to do

DKV are saying it’s coming in on 1 Jan 2015.
I always believe it had to go ahead, to much money had been spent setting it up and contracts had been signed to run it. So dropping it would have cost the French loads in compensating companies and potential lost revenue. Although it wouldn’t have been the first time a government has spent millions on a project only to drop it.

The only question is was how were they going to get their farming and haulage industry to accept it?

THE FIN103:
It is official. Getting mine threw EDC. There saying it needs hard wiring to truck. Would dafs do this? They can be abit unhelpful !

My understating is it doesn’t have to be hard wired but it does need a power supply, but this could be simply by plugging it into the cigarette lighter.

I believe you can also rent a unit from various outlets if you hire a truck or don’t do many trips into France. I think the Stop 24 services on the M20 were one of the places you could get one.

I’ve found the application process a right pain in the neck, they keep wanting more evidence of this and that. I’ve now told them them enough is enough, they have evidence of the trucks Euro ratings and evidence we are a registered business, that should be enough. :imp:

muckles:

THE FIN103:

My understating is it doesn’t have to be hard wired but it does need a power supply, but this could be simply by plugging it into the cigarette lighter.

I believe you can also rent a unit from various outlets if you hire a truck or don’t do many trips into France. I think the Stop 24 services on the M20 were one of the places you could get one.

I’ve found the application process a right pain in the neck, they keep wanting more evidence of this and that. I’ve now told them them enough is enough, they have evidence of the trucks Euro ratings and evidence we are a registered business, that should be enough. :evil. :

. EDC have my details. But still want copy of passport,and plate certificate ! I’ve been with them over a year!

THE FIN103:

muckles:

THE FIN103:

I’ve found the application process a right pain in the neck, they keep wanting more evidence of this and that. I’ve now told them them enough is enough, they have evidence of the trucks Euro ratings and evidence we are a registered business, that should be enough. :evil. :

. EDC have my details. But still want copy of passport,and plate certificate ! I’ve been with them over a year!

Had to do the same, along with COP documents, I don’t think EDC or DKV I think its French bureaucrats making a meal of the job.

THE FIN103:
Any one got the new ecotax device yet? If so how is it wired to truck?

ive got a shell ecobox and i just plug it into the ■■■ lighter socket

We all have the dkv Eco tax box (big ugly thing to) just plugs into ■■■ lighter, we turned in our old tags and use that, talk is maybe the german tolls will be done on it in the future to.

Anyone got the EDC ecobox? Are they easy to use?

reading the paper this evening it appears that they have now scraped the idea, :unamused: they have spent* one billion euros on the structure, equipment and contracts with the companies that control the payment structure.

• I should say it is going to cost them a billion euros after all the cancelled contracts and the installing of the gantries. What about the cost developing the reader boxes that some of you have already signed up to? mon dieu, mon dieu, mon dieu

Efin shambles

Tim85:
reading the paper this evening it appears that they have now scraped the idea, :unamused: they have spent* one billion euros on the structure, equipment and contracts with the companies that control the payment structure.

• I should say it is going to cost them a billion euros after all the cancelled contracts and the installing of the gantries. What about the cost developing the reader boxes that some of you have already signed up to? mon dieu, mon dieu, mon dieu

Efin shambles

I refer the honourable gentleman to the reply I gave earlier. :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

pierrot 14:
FIN - don’t worry yourself about the box . As of last January, the ECOTAX is a big fat non-starter in France and probably will never rear it’s ugly head again

Cut and paste:

Planned schedule?
The French Government announced on 9th October 2014 that the introduction of the eco tax is postponed indefinitely.

Got the above from here - Sustainable Development With Eurotunnel Le Shuttle Freight

Dave