French driving licence

I was thinking of contacting a certain French co for a job, but I have since heard that in order to drive a French registered truck… in France, you have to qualify for a French driving licence, and that one of the qualifications for this is to be able to speak and write French to a reasonable standard.
My French goes as far as “What time does the ferry leave” and “Can I have a large beer please” I somehow don’t think that I would qualify :smiley:
Does anybody know if this is true or just driver-bullcrap?

Driver nonsense mon ami. I use a UK license, CPC and tachocard with no problems.

Craig

Craig 111:
Driver nonsense mon ami. I use a UK license, CPC and tachocard with no problems.

Craig

Wasn’t an Ami a crappy French car ?..and you must have owned one …

Ooops its past Beer o’clock sorry .

Never owned a Citroën Ami or any other French contraption… Thank the Lord! Nearly Leffe o’clock here too :wink:

Hi. As Craig has said total rubbish, I also work for a French company with my UK Licence, UK DQC, and UK Digi Card,
The hard bit is getting a job in the first place, Good Luck

What the OP may have been told is that you can’t drive for a French company, in a French registered vehicle, as a resident in that country, without the FIMO, which is correct.
But as has been said by Craig and Jimbubba, if you have the English equivalent (DCPC) then that is fine. You are also allowed if you are a “resident” of the UK working for a French company, like many TSA drivers, so search away and Bon Chance in finding work, there are vacancies