French cars

Pug just turned 100,000 ,brought 6 yrs ago with 42k on it as 1st car for daughter,now used as my work car
2 batteries
1 exhaust
Front discs
That’s your lot,no electrical problems at all,wasn’t sure at all when we brought it as heard how bad French cars could be for electrics etc,but been impressed,about the best car I’ve had for reliability( probaly breakdown now I’ve praised it :wink: :laughing:

I’ve got a Y plate Xsara Picasso HDi, bought it a year ago as I need a sizeable but economical car but I refuse to pay thousands for a newish one, so 1 year and 11,500 miles later, all it’s had is a track rod end and a piece of brake pipe for MOT and a new clutch but with 136,000 miles I don’t think it’s too bad. Unusually, everything works as it should and it regularly does 54mpg.

The 2.0HDi will do 400k miles with no more than regular 6k oil changes. The best modern diesel engine money can buy.

Have had my Picasso since 2004,only failed 2 MOTs.4 years ago needed new front brake discs and 2 years ago a brake pipe was replaced at the rear and n/s sill needed a bit of welding.Was tested last week,sailed through with an advisory for a couple of brake pipes.Had the aircon condenser replaced about 3 months ago.The car owes me nothing really.

I’ve just bought a 2.0 hdi engined Picasso with 348k on the clock.

I have a citreon c5,best car I ve ever had.

Before my present ZT, I had 2 pugs. One 205 costing about £600, One 306 costing £3200, and despite being told by well-informed know-alls how shiite they were, had no problems with either for several years. Reliability was second to none, so I could never understand the critical viewpoints. Probs they were just ignorant loudmouths who didnt know a bonnet from a boot lid. :unamused:

I could never understand why people slagged off French cars we’ve had three Renaults and my wifes now got a Picasso. The only one we had any bother with was a Laguna and that was imobiliser problems. My favourite car was a Renault 25 GTS which was a bit of a wreck when I bought it, cleaned it up a bit and kept it seven years. When we finally left it in the scrap yard it had done over 175000 and the engine was as good as the day I bought it, sadly the body wasn’t.

Got a 07 Laguna. 2.0Dci (mk2 model) not high mileage (yet!)

From a dealer £2500 only problem aircon not working changed condenser, ok now.

Changed wheels to 17 inches. rides great.

Cruise control, climate control, sat nav, 50+mpg, 150bhp

Now if i wanted a similar spec BMW looking at 3 time the price, Mondeo maybe a grand more.

Last Laguna (R reg) was 1.8 petrol, reliable until head gasket went 4 years ago at 150000 miles.
8 years ownership all that need replacing apart from tyres was coil spring and water pump.

i had 2 pug 306 td ( xnd engines ) and i loved em good spec practical and fun to drive but most of all the engines were bullet proof i only wish id got one with the bosh turbo quick as ■■■■