French breathalysers now compulsory

Blah blah blah, ■■■■■■■■. They can’t force that on us. Vienna Convention on Road Traffic.

Vehicle has to fulfill requirements in country of registration, not in the country that it has travel at the moment. Since it’s not mandatory to have breathanalyser, first aid kit, fire extinguisher, day running lights, steering wheel on the left, set of spare bulbs, two warning triangles, towing rope and other crap some countries require their cars to be fitted with, they can do whatever they want with their own cars, but all they can do to us is to kindly ask us for our MOT, proof of ownership (that, btw, is not British Registration docuiment, but who cares) and insurance.

There was a case with Germans few years ago - they were fining everyone for not having first aid kit, Polish drivers complained to Polish foreign ministry about that, and they tried to speak with Germans, but they werent listening. So Poland started to fine German drivers for not having fire extinguishers and the problem was sorted very quickly with all tickets returned to everyone…

Britain should do the same - start fine French for having steering wheels on wrong side or something, and they will reconsider their stupid ideas :wink:

I am not going to buy any of this crap, I am paid per hour, if they want to sit and argue with me on the hard shoulder, I am happy to do that. Did it once in Poland when they wanted to fine me for not having a fire extinguisher in my car and it was fun, as you propably already noticed from my numerous threat derailments with carryfast, I like endless disscussions with people who have no idea about the area they are trying to be smart in :wink:

I carry with me spare bulbs, hi vis and warning triangle - even in the UK - for my own safety. I also have some first aid things with me, but it would never pass German or any other requirements. I am going to Czech Republic with my car in two weeks, and I am not going to carry with me breathanalyser for France, First Aid kit for Germany, and all this crap for Czech Republic.

(Actually I Just check it, and it’s really fun. In Czech republic it’s mandatory to carry with you:

• Fire Extinguisher
  • Warning Triangle
  • First Aid Kit
  • Spare Fuse (only one!)
  • Spare bulb (also only one? Do they think the fuses and bulbs are universal?)
  • jack
  • key to the wheels
  • spare wheel

Now that’s fun, say I have modern car with led lights and I have this silly foam so I don’t need spare wheel and have no space for it in my car - do I need still to carry all that crap? :wink: )

orys:
Blah blah blah, [zb].

There was a case with Germans few years ago - they were fining everyone for not having first aid kit, Polish drivers complained to Polish foreign ministry about that, and they tried to speak with Germans, but they werent listening. So Poland started to fine German drivers for not having fire extinguishers

To be fair the Poles did give them an opportunity to prove they actually had one by setting fire to their vehicle and asking them to put it out. :smiling_imp: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Carryfast:

orys:
Blah blah blah, [zb].

There was a case with Germans few years ago - they were fining everyone for not having first aid kit, Polish drivers complained to Polish foreign ministry about that, and they tried to speak with Germans, but they werent listening. So Poland started to fine German drivers for not having fire extinguishers

To be fair the Poles did give them an opportunity to prove they actually had one by setting fire to their vehicle and asking them to put it out. :smiling_imp: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

?

Yes, versions are available to buy in France,

This is a 0.5 example, (normal driver) version – Not a " professional driver " 0.2

~# post edited by trux along with apologies to Lady P :wink:

I tried 4 supermarkets and 3 garages this week and they were all sold out,then i was stopped for a normal check by the gendarmes, and his exact words were 25 million drivers times 2 each, that 50 million kits,just not possible monsuer. :open_mouth:

Quinny:
Another surrender monkey money making scheme:

dailymail.co.uk/travel/artic … rists.html

(Can’t believe nobody has posted this yet.)

Ken.

Trouble is … You carry the kit, you come out of a bar, you test your breath, you are ok but then because you have used the only breathaliser you have you can’t drive because you don’t have an un-used kit in the cab.
Tell the French to get lost. It’s about time the British stood up to the country we beat the crap out of in quite a few wars then saved their asses in two more.

trux:

Lady P:
But are these available in France :question:

Yes, they are available to buy in France,
that’s where the French buy them.

they look like the 0.5 version :exclamation:

Pat Hasler:
Tell the French to get lost. It’s about time the British stood up to the country we beat the crap out of in quite a few wars then saved their asses in two more.

Pat, Pat.

Don’t you remember?

The Yanks won the war…

Ken.

youtube.com/watch?v=03OPcn80Uzs
whats the story with this lad

Wheel Nut:

trux:
Yes, they are available to buy in France,

they look like the 0.5 version :exclamation:

:bulb: Good observations that man ,
I can confirm that you are correct :wink: