French banned pot noodles

When the BSE meat ban was in force,customs banned beef flavoured pot noodle exports due to the sachets said beef flavour,even though it was artificailly made with chemicals and flavouring and had no real meat in the noodles.

Yes toby, we had the same thing at Caen. A fridge loaded with dry goods was held for a week because it contained beef flavoured crisps. Not only was it synthetic flavouring but was on the way to Spain so nothing to do with the french. Also the customs were nicking the crisps to take home for their kids !!!

I always found it strange that, Walker’s Smokey Bacon Crisps are suitable for Vegetarians, but their Cheese & Onion aren’t suitable for Vegans :stuck_out_tongue:

Not real Beef!!!, omg!!! the things you learn on this site, so does that mean Hedgehog flavor, is not Hedgehog?

dieseldog6:
Not real Beef!!!, omg!!! the things you learn on this site, so does that mean Hedgehog flavor, is not Hedgehog?

Even worse

The chop suey flavour are not real chops.

Remember when you had to drive over those disenfectant mats coming off the boat/shuttle in Calais/Coquelles, when the BSE scare was on.
What a load of bollox that was :laughing: Did anybody actually have thier beef sarnies or any dairy produce confiscated from the cab cool box ?
Blessed are the cheese makers :laughing:

For once the french were right. Any pot noodle is unfit for human consumption.

I was held up for about 4 hours in Calais due to carrying Beefeater Gin :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

When the Foot and Mouth thing was full on, I was running to Spain every week and they were seizing everything, regardless of what it was. I remember the piles of food left at the bottom of the stairs on the ferry because they were nicking you for having it in your vehicle…

A bad joke, all of it.

Well if you want my tuppence worth pot noodle’s should be banned worldwide
thay are rubbish :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

bobthedog:
When the Foot and Mouth thing was full on, I was running to Spain every week and they were seizing everything, regardless of what it was. I remember the piles of food left at the bottom of the stairs on the ferry because they were nicking you for having it in your vehicle…

A bad joke, all of it.

How about when you cross the CA/US border ,Bob ? I hear that can be a bit of a verboten area for snacks in the cab .

Hello Harry, I don’t want to steal BTDs thunder, but I’m up & he’s tucked up in his kennel :laughing:

They have their purges at the border, I’ve had the US Customs sort through my fridge when they spotted something they didn’t like when they put me through the X-ray, they never said what it was, but something caught their eye.

The Canadians don’t seem to worry about the stuff in the cab from that perspective but they will want tax paying on anything you bring in, a lot of drivers do a weeks shopping in Walmart on the way back as it’s much cheaper over the border, probably best not to let them know about that :open_mouth: They also are very fussy about what they let into the country, it can be a royal pain in the arse to bring in any kind of produce, they even have a problem with raisins, we load raisin biscuits back from Tennessee & every time they’ll have you on the dock & take it all off & have a look at it, first time it happened I thought they just wanted something to dunk in their tea, but the last time it happened they had to handball 1200 boxes of pretzels out the way to get to them & no biscuit is worth that much effort :laughing:

Over to you doggyboy :wink:

They don’t like you taking fruit into the states from Canada, if it’s come from a third Country.

dieseldog6:
They don’t like you taking fruit into the states from Canada, if it’s come from a third Country.

Try flying into New Zealand with even an apple in your pocket – all hell breaks loose, to be fair though Australia is nearly as bad !!

Big Leggy:

dieseldog6:

Try flying into New Zealand with even an apple in your pocket – all hell breaks loose, to be fair though Australia is nearly as bad !!

Australia is probably worst due to it’s sensitive enviroment ( dont mention the second test :laughing: ).
If you are driving interstate from South Australia into Western Australia through The Nullabor you have to have a cabin control where all fruit must be placed in a bin for disposal. In the Top End when we were driving from The Northern Territory into Western Australia they went through the fridge and even confiscated a jar of honey. The main problem is the fruit fly which could cause devistation to a multi million dollar industry.
In Queensland there are restrictions about transporting bananas and sugar cane to different areas of the state and up until a few years ago all cabins in aircraft on international flights had to be sprayed with a disinfectant before landing in Oz.
But the good news is that drivers can still carry Pot Noodles if only for emergency purposes :smiley: .

One thing about them pot noodles , you need to wear a gas mask when you use the toilet. God only knows what they make 'em with ?

You would’t steal my thunder, Mark. I have been eating Pot Noodles… :laughing:

As Mark says, though, they are a bit odd about what you carry here. Fruit is a no no for some stupid reason, and meat gets their knickers in a right twist, but they have livestock going through the same lanes as other traffic, and the vet is waiting for them right beside the Xray machine, so it all seems such a waste of time. Also, on that vein, the truckstop off mile 138 on I29 has a washout for stock trailers, in the corner of the truck park!

So I think the customs are only being that peculiar about your ham and cheese sandwich to be a pain in the tooter. It is even more ridiculous when you realise that almost every meat product you could have here, and most fruits, are from North America anyway and have probably transitted the US in the past.

After the BSE scare a few years back, the US embargoed all cattle and beef products, so the Canadians decided to “play it safe” by not exporting pigs to the US, and they were going to slaughter all the pigs in Canada and sell only pre-packed pork. The US panicked and the ban was eased.

But after that, things were more difficult for those of us crossing the border… Political nonsense, the same as when the french got on their cheval haute.

kr79:
For once the french were right. Any pot noodle is unfit for human consumption.

CRACK ON TO MACON:
Well if you want my tuppence worth pot noodle’s should be banned worldwide
thay are rubbish :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Chuck the not poodle in the bin and eat the tub-it’s probably tastier :smiley: :smiley:

Political nonsense, the same as when the french got on their cheval haute.

flickr.com/photos/bercolly/3710180303/