French bank holiday

Just a quick question. Is it bank holiday in France wed and Thursday next week?

james1973:
Just a quick question. Is it bank holiday in France wed and Thursday next week?

Yes , Wednesday is liberation day and Thursday is Ascension day

Park up 2200 Tuesday start 2200 Thursday?

belgium thursday friday

james1973:
Park up 2200 Tuesday start 2200 Thursday?

Correct - unless you’re carrying hazardous, then its start one minute past midnight Friday morning

There’s another one on Monday 20th
So that’ll be park up from Sat 18th (22.00) right up to Monday (22.00)

Just keep them running
Ran this weeks from lyon to calais and one of my others from bordeaux both with curtains
Run them and sunday all time now last fine 2 yrs ago 135 euro and allowed to carry on

Get back more earnings out weighs the fine

So in your opinion , laws are there to be broken ? :unamused:
What other rules and regulations do you ignore :open_mouth:

Stick to tacho rules & maintance etc but french driving bans cost us money loss of earnings so the risk and small fine worth taking
For what extra earn
Eg this week back in empty thursday morning and another 3 uk loads by friday
If parked up weds would of lost 2 loads friday with £650 turnover

Back out sunday if dont make to calais in hours tuesday night will be running weds morning into calais
Not so bad this week fridge on but ambient coming in so run her at plus 5-6. And should be fine

Im not the only one see a few biggish companies running a sat night from caen

The days to running bent tachos are well gone
Fines and prison totally outweigh any benefits
So in my opinion not worth it plus id rather sleep at night
And make it home in one piece.

Plus in my opinion running the ban last week was far safer than parking up for 24 sleep that night up in morning up all day then do night shift tired at 10pm after ban

I do see what your saying.
Parked outside Poitiers in services the only English surrounded by Taliban and I see more then just fridges going passed on the motorway

The tautliners you may see driving maybe onions, of which you can drive on a truck ban,they load out of the Valencia area in Spain for the UK fruit/veg markets in the UK.
i used to load out of Pobla de Villabona, and the depot manager would give me a perishable load permit, in case i got stopped, the Gendarme motorbike unit would wait on the bridges, and within seconds, would go at high speed to stop me, all the times i was stopped, they never opened the doors of the trailer to see what the cargo was on a ban, they could smell it.