French ban weekly rest

trasportoeuropa.it/index.php … -in-camion

Inevitably the French have jumped on it too now…

30,000€ and a year in clink

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

translate.googleusercontent.com … WBHdyenX6Q

Translation to English

Don’t you just love Google translate :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
" Social Dumping " Is that like pooing in public :question: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I better be banging a letter off to voas then about the fleet that park down Avonmouth every weekend :open_mouth:

So Boss & Driver’s doing translations now is he. :confused:

Good stuff! Hopefully the uk will be next! But I doubt it will be allowed to continue for long until the EU steps in and bends everyone to their will.

Good stuff? €30,000 and a year in prison? For basically sleeping too much in a lorry. Pathetic, the things some of these countries come out with make me laugh. Sarkozy will probably get away with all his dodgy dealings (Ive still got those bloody alco testers in my lorry) but some poor lorry driver will get put away and bankrupted for basically nothing. And people wonder why France is a total mess

All4trucks in Calais is going to lose a fortune then I take it??

But you could pitch a tent at the side of your truck and sleep in that??

What daft ideas will our EU friends come up with next!

its been law in Belgium for a couple of weeks aswell Holland and Germany are to follow on talking to a Belgium driver they are also after it being made illegal to double man a truck

It’s enforcement of the regs! What’s the problem?

Its basicily a way of screwing our eastern european nomadc drivers. Yes it does screw up whats left of of the western european international transport industury but if its a way of hindering there advantage good on them.
The EU wont do anything and if they do the French will ignore it.

As I understand it, isn’t the prison term and big fine aimed at the owner of the truck rather than the driver?

A problem for owner/drivers but not for company drivers.

Ridiculous situation though and purely designed to stop foreign lorries operating in those countries.

So its only the 45 hour rest period that’s banned which is already in the rules anyway so no big drama
Easy workaround is to park the truck and go camping on your time off

It says in the article it’s for vehicles that don’t use french registration plates. The EU would have a field day if this is the case as it’s blatant discrimination against members from other states.

oh man im moving back next month be back European this whole problem cos the great expansion of eu and half or more of ex commi bloc basically camping out in western Europe and swamping every parking place possible oh for the good ol days as for the French don’t blame em really this being one laziest countries in eu but at least they trying to do something about it the invasion from east to late now tho I have to try to get stuck weekends in spain which was much better place to stop anyway don’t giv up guys that’s what they want :smiley:

This is going to be a mess for the drivers, think on the drivers weekend break starts say for arguments sake 8am Saturday, point one he has had to find a hotel or a motel, not to much problem there, but I can’t see many hotels or motels allowing a bloody great lorry filling up their car park I suppose he could dump it in a lay-by down the road, with its £100K load sitting there unattended. Most hotels don’t allow you to book in until 2 or 3 in the afternoon, where is the driver to wait to get booked in? He is not allowed in the lorry because the law says so, I suppose he could get his chair out and sit in the rain, snow and sleet till its time, now this driver will need two nights in the hotel to cover his 45hrs, £120 at the cheapest, a lot of these drivers don’t earn this in a week now people will say the boss should have to pay, now living in the real world yes I agree but most of these lads are from east European countries, totally different rules. These fellers are the same as us only trying to earn a crust they are just drivers. What should be done is build the truck stops and motels with accommodation first then bring these rules in, to my mind this is so, so wrong, now what with France talking of 30K euro fine on a company for not following the rules and what with their weekend lorry bans that is just blatant money making greed. I’m not standing up for the East European drivers, but for my many British mates who spend not weeks but months away from home on the continent, think on, it could be you one day.

Ossie

Thetaff2:

They sure are - The amount of Waberers trucks just parked up waiting for work there is unbelievable. In fact they now have signs up saying no Waberers trucks in the first two lanes.

When an Eastern European company can run their business like this due to cheap labour, there is no way the likes of Norberts or any UK company can compete with a standing resource like that. They can just switch their lads on and off as the work dictates.

Good luck to the Belgians and the French as this industry needs one hell of a shake up to level the playing field and for those that don’t know what it looks like there here’s a picture of them parked up - well one of the rows anyway

m4rky:

Thetaff2:

They sure are - The amount of Waberers trucks just parked up waiting for work there is unbelievable. In fact they now have signs up saying no Waberers trucks in the first two lanes.

When an Eastern European company can run their business like this due to cheap labour, there is no way the likes of Norberts or any UK company can compete with a standing resource like that. They can just switch their lads on and off as the work dictates.

Good luck to the Belgians and the French as this industry needs one hell of a shake up to level the playing field and for those that don’t know what it looks like there here’s a picture of them parked up - well one of the rows anyway

M4rky, I agree 100% the whole European transport industry need one hell of a shake up, but again you’re blaming the driver, I sure them Waberers drivers are just loving it stuck in a services for days on end I’ve been there and worn the tee shirt not very nice, but to get an even playing field, its our masters in Brussels that can only do that and what’s their answer make it more awkward for the driver, the driver is not going away he will still be out there but maybe not in Belgium or France lets have some sensible rules to help the driver. ……oop’s… There goes that pig again, too many companies chasing to little work and as I said could be you one day

Ossie

Ossie I don’t blame the drivers or think its their fault in any way. I agree the lads parked up there aren’t very happy about it either.

This is about the way companies are allowed to conduct business on the mainland and the UK.

Too many companies pay no attention to the cabotage laws which in turn has a huge impact on drivers lives. Its about time the laws in the EU were inforced which I personally believe would benefit the UK transport industry. Just my opinion :confused: