Freight Transport ltd FTL info

Hi all,
anybody help out with any info on FTL of Portsmouth , are they good or bad, old or new motors, cheers Alan.

Motors are mostly new , they do a lot of euro work transporting plonk back to uk and taking cement board to Europe , I know they have a 16 plt Iveco I think rest are daf

Theyve a couple of DAF rigids for UK work, and units come in many flavours> DAF Scania Merc Renault. Some class 1 drivers do UK, some France, some do a bit of both. Some of their drivers have been there a long while so cant be too bad? Good or Bad depends on what you`re after of course.

If you do the rigid work expect to have a lovely drop in Ingate place Battersea to a wine merchants

Sure I’ve seen FTL double deckers in at TPN at Minworth.

A friend of mine works for them. Ship,s out Sunday , poodles around France during the week and gets home every Friday night.

kerbut:
A friend of mine works for them. Ship,s out Sunday , poodles around France during the week and gets home every Friday night.

Might have seen him. Regularly have an FTL artic pass through the village I live in and as I am from Portsmouth it really stands out. I think it’s going to pick up wine from a large producer down the road.

A couple of my mates, English drivers, work for them outbased here in Normandy. They seem to enjoy it. As said, groupage to France and vino back. They run in FTL units and just collect/return unaccompanied trailers from Caen port. Only time they go to the UK is for the unit to have its 6 weekly and MOT checks. Small company and from what they have told me they are treated well.

kerbut:

Is that Andy ( ex HH ) ?

HH is right

Hi,
thanks guys for all your info, cheers, Alan.