Freight Exchange sites

anybody used these:

freightalerts.co.uk

is this one worth the £110 per yr fee ?

haulageexchange.co.uk/

Dont know how much this one is…anybody a member ?

Aybody used them and are they any good ?

haulage exchange wanted £600 to join, they might be very good but i wouldnt pay that, i would love to hear some positive feed back on these site,s but a lot of people have warned me to steer clear because of bad payers

WOT ? £600 ? They havin a laff ? wudnt pay that at all…wot ye gettin for that exactly ?

Bad Payers, thats the worryin thing …

The Haulagexchange one apparently works like ebay where you can leave feedabck on the company esp if they are bad payers, doesnt help ye if ye owed money but at least it can forewarn other people.

wud be interesting to see any comments good or bad about these sites…

In my opinion the only one worth a look is Teleroute. They have a sliding scale of charges depending on how much you use it. You can also purchase payment insurance when you take the load through them.

I have used it for many years and have only been stung once by a German company going under, but that was only for one load back to the UK. As long as you’re sensible about who you deal with you will be OK. I try and avoid most UK, Italian, Spanish and Eastern EU based companies.

Regards

Paul

freightalerts give you the first week free so if your not happy what have you lost? As with all of these sites, it is up to you to ensure that who you deal with are sound, rogue traders do get through. When they become apparent they are blocked but there is nothing to stop them coming back with a slightly altered name/phone#/email. You must do your own checks.

im on the courier version of haulage exchange and it did make a good bit money we quickly earnt the money back we put in to it.

were also in freight alerts and truckspace these are much cheeper to register on freights alerts seams to be fairly busy but seams to be alot of ebay stuff on the courier side havnet really looked on the haulage side