Freelance Insurence


This is my first post so be gentle with me.

I have been driving HGV 's for nearly
20 years but have recently gone the LTD driver route.

I have spoken to various people as you do with regards to insurance I might need. From what I have heard public liability insurance is only optional and not a legal requirement and as a freelance driver I am all ready covered under any companies motor insurance policy when driving there vehicles.

Any advice on this would be much appreciated.

Thanks ihmix

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I’ve worked as a sole trader doing van work in my vehicle I have had PL insurance.

If you were going to be exposed I suppose it would be a scenario where say a building is damaged though fault of your actions and the company decline liability as the cause was down to you (make an example - runaway vehicle due to no handbrake not mechanical failure).

PL Insurance has always been pretty cheap compared to other cover I have generally had cover to £5 million for around £120 (but as van courier).

Thanks for the info. I will start to look into this and get some quotes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk