Free Parking

Hi guys,

I work for a company that does not pay for my parking. Been tired to park on lay-by’s so could we all share please some services with free parking?

Harthill (not advisable if you have curtains)
Todhills (if you can get on)
Thrapston

Stratford leisure centre is only £2 (6pm to 8am) and worth every penny just for the sheer quantity of flange on show in the town.

Basically most that are glorified fuel stations.

Personally, I’d get another job. I have to park on services or truckstops if I’m loaded, but they still refund me even if I park on a services empty, which I always do, if I’m on anything other than a reduced rest, or had something a bit big or spicy for my dinner.

If you’re ever down Beaconsfield way, on the opposite side of the M40 to the services, there are a couple of biggish laybys, park in one of those and it’s about a 5 minute walk to use all the facilities in the services.

Thanks mate,
Where abouts in thrapston?

A14, sort of between Kettering and Cambridge. I believe it’s near a place called Thrapston.

But beware, for ridiculously long hours the fuel station is a pay through the window jobbie, meaning you have no access to the khazi

To be honest, some nights I’d rather be in a nicely set back layby, despite being rocked to sleep, than having a reefer that needs condemning rattling itself to death about 6ft from my cranium, knowing that I’ve paid the thick end of £25 to be there

companies that dont pay parking? wouldnt work for them mate . its ok for mr transport manager going home to his cosy bed every night nice n safe.

Tell you boss that you have found a nice little area to park for free away from the road,trouble is its only big enough for the unit and not the trailer so what your gonna do it drop the trailer wherever you can and leave it there until the morning see what he says,he is using you as a mobile security guard to guard his trailer all night because he won’t pay for safe parking.

How safe is safe parking though? I’ve heard lots of reports of diesel/cargo going missing from services. They advertise cctv and security, take your £25 and then when something goes missing/gets damaged all of a sudden the cctv doesn’t cover the lorry park/wasn’t working.

I run 2 trucks of my own and while I will pay for parking in an emergency I don’t bother as a rule. Not because the money isn’t in it or because I’m greedy, I just don’t agree with paying over inflated prices for what is a glorified lay-by. They stink of ■■■■, the surfaces are terrible, the food is ■■■■ and you have trucks coming in all night for breaks/trailer swaps. Give me an industrial estate any day

Matt.

Where I work, we’re insured. So any theft/damage is covered PROVIDED we can supply a receipt to say that all efforts were made to park in a “secure” place

Personally if the company wont pay for parking i wouldn’t night out for them its nothing to with the safety of the load its having access to toilets food and basic things like that ! managers and planers go home to there beds have a shower and a meal so why shouldent drivers have the same available to them its disgusting that companys wont pay for parking