Free parking time MSA/truckstops

Morning all,

Does anyone know if there is a legally mandated free parking time for MSA’s and other truck stops? I have asked my mat Google and found a text only document (linked below) which seems to state that we have to be allowed two hours free parking. Since Orwell crossing has been taken over we are now only allowed to park here for one hour free.

If anyone knows any different would like to hear abou it.

Cheers

hansard.parliament.uk/debates/G … 2252000012

I may be wrong, but I think them regulations only apply to Service Areas on the Motorway network.

Mike Penning does talk huge piles of horse ■■■■
gov.uk/government/speeches/ … in-england
And his present encumbent even more so, but they did meet RHA,FTA etc last week for a talking shop alluded to in this
fta.co.uk/media_and_campaign … r-all.html
researchbriefings.parliament.uk/ … -2016-0156
hansard.parliament.uk/Commons/2 … arkingKent

gov.uk/government/uploads/s … c-road.pdf
Annex B Page 14 general guide
Table B1 page 17
Para B19 page 18

The trunk road service area signing presently is not up to scratch as a lot of it is old legacy stuff, but no 2 hrs free parking and no bogs etc , bye bye signs. It is recognised that not all TRSA’s (petrol stations ?) especially the older ones can fit trucks in. It’s a work in progress.

hgvuk.com/rha-welcomes-gover … rry-parks/

Just out of interest when are the haulage/freight industry and their employers going to start providing decent facilities for drivers as well rather than expecting someone else to do it ■■

Why would you want to spend any longer than absolutely necessary (45 min max) at a service station?

the nodding donkey:
Why would you want to spend any longer than absolutely necessary (45 min max) at a service station?

Trailer changeover and the other guy is running late.

You fall asleep for over two hours.

You have a love of service areas and got carried away taking photos of fuel islands and 1970s sprinkler systems.