Free medical

I’ve sent an email to the NHS to ask if the free NHS health check can be used by HGV drivers for DVLA purposes at the age of 45.
It’s more in depth than a standard DVLA medical, So it makes sense to me, But probably not to the bureaucrats.
Even if they don’t. We are all in a pretty unhealthy job, So you might as well get a free MOT.

healthcheck.nhs.uk/

I think the free NHS check is done by a nurse and the D4 form has to be done by a doctor ?

The NHS check is done by a nurse, as I had one done 4 weeks ago.

Ken.

Quinny:
The NHS check is done by a nurse, as I had one done 4 weeks ago.

Hiya…difference been, nurse usually listens and dose her job for peanuts…doctor isn’t bothered
whats wrong dosen’t listen and gets payed a fortune. i phoned for a appointment 2 weeks ago
was told last week in March… how can they be that busy, there are 6 doctors at our surgery,
the people round where i live must be in the worst health possible.
John

John.

There are plenty of medicals available via online bookings on t’internet, and at a fraction of the waiting time and cost as to what you get from your own gp. I had mine done nearly 5 years ago for half the price of my own surgery, and as it’s due again this year, guess what I’ll be doing?

I only had the nurse mot thing, as I have a family history on my late Mothers side, and wanted some reassurance.

Ken.

Are you having a giraffe Phil, we should all be bombarding the NHS to tell them that doctors are robbing us of £100 every time we visit for them to fill out a form. That should be covered by NI subscriptions, that we all pay for ( well, not me cos i`m retarded, oops sorry, retired lol )