Free mc muffuns

Was sent this earlier by a work colleague. No idea if it’s trure as don’t have or want the mcds app

I’ve just looked in…

The ‘deals’ section of the McApp which I’ve had for years and it’s the usual free coffee after five coffees.

If you’ve no idea whether it’s true, why post it?

I wouldn’t have one even if they were free.
Only ever been in a McDonalds once and that was to use the toilet.

Roymondo:
If you’ve no idea whether it’s true, why post it?

Incase it is true and others want to take advantage.
As say i don’t have or want the app so can’t confirm it

Unless it’s for new app users. Doesn’t appear on my app in the deals section.

Had spare 5 mins so in interest of TN research installed the app which was obviously written by a 5 year old with no clue.

Checked deals and not here either. 99p bssic burger thing and free 5th coffee. Might be a regional thing or they were sent it by a friend who was sent it by a friend who was sent it 3 weeks ago. :slight_smile:

Wouldn’t bother with the app, its only a tiny bit better than the previous one and that was written by a 3 year old with the content if their nappy.

You can get a free whopper at Tamworth services as well,if you fill out the survey,but you get it on your next visit,but you have to buy fries,I’ve used it

A little research shows that it a free offer this week.
tyla.com/tasty/food-and-dri … r-20210223

Sploom:
You can get a free whopper at Tamworth services

:open_mouth:

41B16pWX5uL.AC.jpg

I’d take the offer of anything free from there as a bloody threat.

Grumpy_old_trucker:
A little research shows that it a free offer this week

Guess they have a different idea of “this week” to me or its very selected areas. I’m now 140 miles from my original check and still not getting it via that app.

Not that its exactly easy to go through a drive thru with a 16’ trailer without making the news (or that I would consider one of these things to be breakfast). :slight_smile:

Many of the class one drivers I meet would benefit from eating less big macs, not more! :stuck_out_tongue:

trevHCS:

Grumpy_old_trucker:

Guess they have a different idea of “this week” to me or its very selected areas. I’m now 140 miles from my original check and still not getting it via that app.

Not that its exactly easy to go through a drive thru with a 16’ trailer without making the news (or that I would consider one of these things to be breakfast). :slight_smile:

Same here - the only “deal” I am offered via the App is a quarter pounder with cheese for 99p (and that’s because I am a first-time user).

But that’s irrelevant to my earlier point. The main reason social media websites are awash with scams and junk ads is that users can be relied upon to repost them blindly without even checking to see if they are genuine.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Roymondo:

trevHCS:

Grumpy_old_trucker:

Same here - the only “deal” I am offered via the App is a quarter pounder with cheese for 99p (and that’s because I am a first-time user).

But that’s irrelevant to my earlier point. The main reason social media websites are awash with scams and junk ads is that users can be relied upon to repost them blindly without even checking to see if they are genuine.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Think you’re taking things a bit too seriously here mate, the guy was only trying to give a heads up to fellow drivers. :unamused:

trevHCS:

Grumpy_old_trucker:

Normally I would bow to your superior intelligence (or the superior intelligence that you claim to have).
You conveniently removed the link from your post, if you actually clicked on the link that was dated the 23rd of this month and I posted it on the 24th of this month, the link clearly shows that the offer is for “this week”, so yes they obviously do have a “different idea of this week” to you!
Apology accepted.

Grumpy_old_trucker:
(or the superior intelligence that you claim to have).

What on earth are you going on about!? Link removed as its in your post do doesn’t need to be repeated just to takeup space (we used to call it forum etiquette in the old days).

Blog post on their site was dated 23rd, I checked on 25th and nowhere does it seem to mention the actual starting date for the offer. Thus comment that they have a different idea of a week which normally I would expect to be Monday to Monday unless specified.

Was commenting on the site NOT you or your post or I’d have mentioned you by name - get your ego in check, its not all about you! Sick of your personal attacks on people, pathetic.

Grumpy_old_trucker:

trevHCS:

Grumpy_old_trucker:

Normally I would bow to your superior intelligence (or the superior intelligence that you claim to have).
You conveniently removed the link from your post, if you actually clicked on the link that was dated the 23rd of this month and I posted it on the 24th of this month, the link clearly shows that the offer is for “this week”, so yes they obviously do have a “different idea of this week” to you!
Apology accepted.

Or maybe the site that you linked to (not Maccy Ds own site) posted their account after this particular offer had closed. I note that there is a mention of this offer on Maccy Ds website, although it doesn’t have a date attached. There are multiple grumbles on various consumer websites that this offer - although advertised in various places - doesn’t actually appear to have been made available to anyone via their App (whether it be a new or existing account).

So how you supposed to buy them if you’re driving a truck when they won’t let you inside (drive through only)? Unless something changed - I’ve only used McD once (and for the last time) this year and that was in my car - I saw uber eat people go in and out to collect their orders but no customers allowed afaik.

ETS:
So how you supposed to buy them if you’re driving a truck when they won’t let you inside (drive through only).

Did see on their app mention of some places opening opening for takeaway as well as drive thru, but not in Scotland. Not great if you have a truck or even high van. Not sure if MSA ones are open.

Prob not a bad thing unless you’re starving.