Free m6 toll rd for a month for trucks

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-22245001…. rha members only,

RIGHT THEN make an orderly queue please. :smiley:

Or maybe this link: Lorries to access M6 toll road for free throughout July - BBC News - think you’ve added a bit to the end.

I don’t even entertain the M6 around spaghetti at the moment with all the roadworks, it’s always stop start. If I’m going north I blast along the M42 then up the M5.
Be good when this comes into effect though.
How do they know you are part of the RHA? Do they just lift the barrier up when you get there and get your reg??

tallyman:
Or maybe this link: Lorries to access M6 toll road for free throughout July - BBC News - think you’ve added a bit to the end.

sorted!

FarnboroughBoy11:
I don’t even entertain the M6 around spaghetti at the moment with all the roadworks, it’s always stop start. If I’m going north I blast along the M42 then up the M5.
How do they know you are part of the RHA? Do they just lift the barrier up when you get there and get your reg??

Ditto…the problem at j6 at the minute is that when vehicles are joining the M6 nb, there are 2 entry slip lanes…not really an issue but the outside slip filters into the temp lane 1 rather quick…as most don’t really know how to properly filter on to a m/way, this has resulted in many trucks pulling out into lane 2 which then quickly leaves you stranded out in lane 3. IMO, the outside slip should filter into the inner one before it reaches the main track. Unless the markings are arranged in a different manner when the work is completed, it’s gonna be a friggin nightmare

They’re bigging it up as being a shorter route, its actually a mile longer down the toll :grimacing:

Big Joe:
They’re bigging it up as being a shorter route, its actually a mile longer down the toll :grimacing:

i knew there was some bs in all this somewhere, anyway I think it ought to be taken from the private outfit that’s running it at the moment & made public or something so that we can all use it for free… :slight_smile:

FarnboroughBoy11:

thats about 25 28 extra miles… seems like its half hour extra driving anyway minimum…

I think they mean from the m40. I do the same. If im coming up m1 then i bypass m6 and use a50

being a taff i tend to forget about “southerners” sorry my mistake…

FarnboroughBoy11:

Instructions here:

truckingtopics.co.uk/m6tollrhafree.html

GasGas:

FarnboroughBoy11:

Instructions here:

So you’re not actually saving anything at all. For a single unit truck owner the minimum RHA sub is £360 and the offer is only available to NEW RHA members, not existing ones. If you have a trailer as well and/or more than 1 truck then the costs increase rather quickly.

Also:

Article:
Toll road operator Midland Expressway is hoping that the free trial will help ‘sell’ the benefits of the road, which operates below capacity and made a £41 million loss in 2011.

No wonder they’re ■■■■■■■ desperate! :open_mouth:

Rob K:

GasGas:
Instructions here:

So you’re not actually saving anything at all. For a single unit truck owner the minimum RHA sub is £360 and the offer is only available to NEW RHA members, not existing ones

I could be wrong but I’m reading this as the offer is open to RHA members who don’t have an account (tag) for the toll road, not new RHA members.

Probably still going to ■■■■ off a few current account holders who will still be charged though.

Midland Expressway is making the offer available only to RHA members who are not currently account holders.

Offer is available to all RHA members who don’t already have an account with M6 Toll…which I don’t suppose will please existing customers very much.

I think that road has always been too expensive (especially for trucks) for it to be worth using regularly…a different story if the main M6 is closed though.

I’ve never actually used it…from the south west it represents a long way around to go anywhere on, but if you are going London - Manchester it might be different.

GasGas:
Offer is available to all RHA members who don’t already have an account with M6 Toll…which I don’t suppose will please existing customers very much.

I think that road has always been too expensive (especially for trucks) for it to be worth using regularly…a different story if the main M6 is closed though.

I’ve never actually used it…from the south west it represents a long way around to go anywhere on, but if you are going London - Manchester it might be different.

Yes, my mistake, I misread that. But even so, as you say it will cheese off existing account holders.

cliffystephens:

FarnboroughBoy11:

thats about 25 28 extra miles… seems like its half hour extra driving anyway minimum…

Sorry i should have been more clear, i meant when im coming up the M40.

Nice one :sunglasses:

:blush:

FarnboroughBoy11:

cliffystephens:

FarnboroughBoy11:

:laughing: :laughing: :blush:

cliffystephens:
:oops:

FarnboroughBoy11:

cliffystephens:

FarnboroughBoy11:

:laughing: :laughing: :blush:

:laughing: :laughing: you did get me thinking though!!! 28 miles, jesus!! :smiley:

When it was in the pipeline to be built, early 1990s it was supposed to be for trucks only and FREE! :sunglasses: the more people boycott it the better. Northern relief road as I recall ( brum ) ■■■■ 'EM :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: