Free dash cams

toonsy:
Will the police get a suitable reduction in funding on the grounds they’re having some of their job done for them?

On the contrary - this sort of scheme invariably generates more work for Police due to the need to track down owners, identify drivers and then interview/report/process them. It’s not quite the same as e.g. a speed camera where the evidence required is all there by design.

Roymondo:

toonsy:
Will the police get a suitable reduction in funding on the grounds they’re having some of their job done for them?

On the contrary - this sort of scheme invariably generates more work for Police due to the need to track down owners, identify drivers and then interview/report/process them. It’s not quite the same as e.g. a speed camera where the evidence required is all there by design.

Couldn’t this be done by a Community Support Officer or one of the Specials not a police officer.

Roymondo:

toonsy:

It depends how you define ‘‘work’’ when you refer to the Police.
Call me old fashioned but the extra ‘‘work’’ I would be happier in them doing is …ok just to keep to the thread,… .actually CATCH dangerous drivers, and deter potential dangerous drivers by presence, not to mention catching the scrotes who deal drugs in my local town car park…(freely without any fear of Police presence btw), patrol ind estates for truck crime, not patrol ind ests doing the likes of me for inadvertently and unintentionally having part of my trailer wheel touching a pavement…rather than them doing extra ‘‘work’’ that has been generated by a few willing busybodies, but they have their priorities dont they?
In my view the Police are a waste of space in their present form,.and all this sort of stuff in my view just confirm it.
I would love to see an efficient conscientious Polce force btw,.if I always criticise them on here, it is well deserved.

toonsy:

Yes this. How much will our council tax bills be reducing now that the public are doing the police’ work for free?

D.Thompson:

Roymondo:

toonsy:

Couldn’t this be done by a Community Support Officer or one of the Specials not a police officer.

Much of it could be (and indeed is) done by support staff, not police officers. Their work still has to be paid for!

Their work still has to be paid for!

Two years 1,300 prosecution, call it £200 average fine = £260,000.

D.Thompson:

And there we have it.
The REAL reason for all this, under the guise of road safety,…adequately illustrated.
No further questions . :smiley:

robroy:

D.Thompson:

And there we have it.
The REAL reason for all this, under the guise of road safety,…adequately illustrated.

Well it blows the “Their work still has to be paid for” argument out of the window, i don’t care how much they make if it covers the cost of the exercise and means no further cuts to police numbers where this is introduced and if the fine and points makes these idiots think twice the next time they are in a rush to get past someone its got to be a good thing.

D.Thompson:

robroy:

D.Thompson:

And there we have it.

Well it blows the “Their work still has to be paid for” argument out of the window, i don’t care how much they make if it covers the cost of the exercise and means no further cuts to police numbers where this is introduced and if the fine and points makes these idiots think twice the next time they are in a rush to get past someone its got to be a good thing.

You just don’t get it do you.
I have no probs whatsoever with idiots getting their comeuppance after bad driving, what bugs me is the way the Police are now going about it, by concentrating on pc issues (no pun intended) raising revenue by easy target policing, and basically not doing what te public would rather have them do.
If they said right we’re handing dash cans out to the public to spend outr time on real crime issues,.even I would maybe go along with it, but it aibt gonna happen.
Maybe the Fire service should hand out hoses to the public whilst they go out and raise some cash by flogging smoke alarms.

robroy:

And there we have it.
[/quote]
[/quote]
I have no probs whatsoever with idiots getting their comeuppance after bad driving, what bugs me is the way the Police are now going about it, by concentrating on pc issues (no pun intended) raising revenue by easy target policing, and basically not doing what te public would rather have them do.
If they said right we’re handing dash cans out to the public to spend outr time on real crime issues,.even I would maybe go along with it, but it aibt gonna happen.
Maybe the Fire service should hand out hoses to the public whilst they go out and raise some cash by flogging smoke alarms.
[/quote]
Maybe the Fire service should hand out hoses to the public whilst they go out and raise some cash by flogging smoke alarms

^^^^^^^ Totally this
Well done Rob
summed up in a nutshell

what bugs me is the way the Police are now going about it, by concentrating on pc issues (no pun intended) raising revenue by easy target policing, and basically not doing what te public would rather have them do.

What are they not doing that he public want them to?
All they are doing as it says in the article is giving them more eyes on these people and as i have said i am fine with that if it gets these idiots off the road.

I imagine most of us assume that is the reason why they are doing it they probably didn’t think they needed to spell it out.

D.Thompson:

what bugs me is the way the Police are now going about it, by concentrating on pc issues (no pun intended) raising revenue by easy target policing, and basically not doing what te public would rather have them do.

All they are doing as it says in the article is giving them more eyes on these people and as i have said i am fine with that if it gets these idiots off the road.

I imagine most of us assume that is the reason why they are doing it they probably didn’t think they needed to spell it out.

If you really have to ask that first question, and genuinely assume and believe what you say in your second paragraph,. :open_mouth: :unamused: …then I can not see any point in us carrying on with this .
conversation.

Aye it’s a brilliant idea, well done Devon Police.
There you go, you’ve convinced me. :neutral_face:

Bangs head against wall. hoping to God he ain’t being serious.:laughing:

robroy:

D.Thompson:

If you really have to ask that first question, and genuinely assume and believe what you say in your second paragraph,. :open_mouth: :unamused: …then I can not see any point in us carrying on with this .
conversation.

Bangs head against wall. :laughing:

Can you bang it harder, thanks. :wink:

^^^^^^^^Aye no problems,…but only as long as it does not have the effect of ME coming out with naive delusional,.and gullible b/s. :wink:

conversation.

robroy:
^^^^^^^^Aye no problems,…but only as long as it does not have the effect of ME coming out with naive delusional ,.and gullible b/s. :wink:

I wouldn’t worry too much about that i think you are way past that point already.

I guess the other members don’t agree as they are not queuing up to back up your thoughts on the subject which is a bit strange as most drivers like the opportunity to have a pop at the police when offered the opportunity.

Is there a prize for using the most emoticons/smiles you can fit into every post, just wondering.

robroy:
^^^^^^^^Aye no problems,…but only as long as it does not have the effect of ME coming out with naive delusional,.and gullible b/s. :wink:

I think you are urinating into an oncoming breeze pal…some folk just want to have all their rights & freedom’s stripped from them very slowly it would seem.

The KGB & Gestapo would be very impressed with the level of cooperation received. I’ve contacted special branch and suggested they use plain clothes officers disguised as window cleaners to improve tax avoidance, they sent me a sponge, a bucket and a wig.

Can’t wait to trap all my neighbours, I think I might get a knighthood.

D.Thompson:

conversation.

robroy:
^^^^^^^^Aye no problems,…but only as long as it does not have the effect of ME coming out with naive delusional ,.and gullible b/s. :wink:

I wouldn’t worry too much about that i think you are way past that point already.

I guess the other members don’t agree as they are not queuing up to back up your thoughts on the subject which is a bit strange as most drivers like the opportunity to have a pop at the police when offered the opportunity.

Is there a prize for using the most emoticons/smiles you can fit into every post, just wondering.

Mate, seriously…when I start ever bothering my arse what other people think about me or who agrees or disagrees with what my opinions are, …it’s time to knock the lights out,.I could not give a flying ■■■■ what people think of me, nor who does or does not agree with me either on this forum or in real life, …Never have never will. :bulb:

There is one thing coming back at me with a clever retort, but just repeating the things that I have accused you of wuth no grounds to back them up is a bit pointless.
I have illustrated what I perceive to be your gullibility, naivety, and delusions,.can you point out to me mine at all on thus subject or thread ?
I thought I had explained quite clearly and concisely the reasons for my opinions, none of which that could be construed with the labels you chuck back at me.
So where is the delusion,.where is the gullibility and where is the naivety exactly in my previous posts on this thread??
5 out of 10…could do better.
No emojis this time btw, seeing as you felt the need to mention then last time.

Well it’s obvious from the lack of support from other members it is not as big a deal to them as it is to you, I look forward to receiving my free camera.

Its obvious we are never going to agree so I’m out, have a nice day.

D.Thompson:
Well it’s obvious from the lack of support from other members it is not as big a deal to them as it is to you, I look forward to receiving my free camera.

Its obvious we are never going to agree so I’m out, have a nice day.

Jeezus, do you just reply to a post without actually reading it and taking it in??
Let me reiterate for you,…I neither want support nor care one iota if I get it or not.
Anyhow, nice cop out, (or is it robo cop out in this case :laughing: )
Good luck with your one man crusade, but dont concentrate TOO much on it, and take your mind off the road …and have some snivelling self important arse wipe have you for driving without due c&a. :smiley:
You too have a nice day…let us know how the policing goes.

Jeezus, do you just reply to a post without actually reading it and taking it in??

Chill out ffs why get so worked up over a post in a forum as I said I’m my last post we are never going to agree and it’s obvious we are not.

There is no point in discussing it further as you are just going to repeat what you have alread posted many times and my reply will be the same.

Have s good day.