Free Cargo.co.uk

Anyone ever had any dealings with this site? freecargo.co.uk/

All info greatly appreciated. I don’t want to get burned. (again!)

I wouldnt personally use them for your work, its free obviously so therefore likely to attract the rubbish out there and remember you get nothing for free!!!
Use Teleroute /Coolload/freight traders.

i used them some years ago and found that most of the work on the site is pretty poorly paid especially the european work but now and again you do hit a good one if you keep looking.
i found the site had a lot more info when i searched through the database of companies and found work by contacting some of those companies when i was stuck for work from their area.

loadup.com used to be a free site too and they occassionally came up with some half decent loads.

the best thing to do is keep a black book of contact details for reloads - grade the contacts too so that you know which to call first when you are in which area - who are good payers and who are bad as well as the rates the offer - some work is not only given out second hand but sometimes it’s been through 3 or 4 different freight brokers before it gets to the one you are taking it from and they will all take a slice of the rate it is offered at.

ie - load warrington deliver luton - abc offer £200
def offer it at £175
ghi offer it at £150
jkl offer it at £140 then you have it at £120 from xyz.

it makes sense too when you get to the collection point to enquire as to the originator of the load and perhaps contact them next time you are in that area.

johnny:
it makes sense too when you get to the collection point to enquire as to the originator of the load and perhaps contact them next time you are in that area.

Yes do it , it works!!