Free blind spot lens

the fresnel blind spot lens being given to foreign trucks are not free they are paid for out of my taxes

:smiling_imp: :bulb: We should make it compulsory for all foriegn vehicles to have one fitted at their point of entry into the UK…and it has to be PAID FOR on entry and then it must be SURRENDERED FREE OF CHARGE on exit :smiling_imp:

fuse:
the fresnel blind spot lens being given to foreign trucks are not free they are paid for out of my taxes

And given the reduction in accidents since they were issued, and the high cost of an accident to the tax payer, I think it is our taxes being well spent, to save us money. £3 per lens seems good value under the circumstances to me.

sharky the shredder:
:twisted: :bulb: We should make it compulsory for all foriegn vehicles to have one fitted at their point of entry into the UK…and it has to be PAID FOR on entry and then it must be SURRENDERED FREE OF CHARGE on exit :smiling_imp:

what about left hand drive uk registered vehicles?

i got one from a friend (which was from vosa in dover), saved me a few scrapes

the money needs to be spent on educating idiot car drivers, i almost had to hit someone after driving into ipswich this afternoon in my car the amount of bad drivers

Left ■■■■■■ car drivers are worse than the locals? Since when■■? :unamused: :unamused:

Is it worth fitting one to the left window on my rhd motor?
(I’ve not actually seen the view )

I reckon anything that reduces blind spots has got to be ok?

i got one off the home office crew in calais and i am driving a right hand truck abeit irish reg.
£,wonder how i would get for it on ebay? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

206doorman:
(I’ve not actually seen the view )

I reckon anything that reduces blind spots has got to be ok?

Transport for London, has also handed these but to Right hand drive trucks, in an effort to cut down on Truck/Bike accidents in the Capital

206doorman:

I would say so. i have one fitted to my RHD vehicle, obtained free from the border control people in Calais, and it is just as good this side of the water than the other. Especially handy for those times when you move over to let vehicles join a motorway or D/C and a joining car comes up the inside of you and you aren’t sure where the hell they went. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :wink:

206doorman:

I’d say yes too, especially if you anything other than a Tonka toy. :laughing:

In fact, perhaps, they should be compulsory for all artics ?

euromat:
what about left hand drive uk registered vehicles?
…the money needs to be spent on educating idiot car drivers…

:unamused: Personally i`d like to think UK registered Left-Hookers have been trained to a better standard than most and would LOOK a little more CAREFULLY than your average Jonny Foriegner…but I could always be wrong :slight_smile:

:bulb: Im in favour of all Learner drivers going out with a Suitably Qualified Instructor , who have themselves been taught how to behave on the road, in relation to HGVs :exclamation: Id would also like to see compusory retesting of ALL drivers ( a 1 day course of re-training/new instruction and then a second day of testing, both theory and practical ) It aint never gonna happen I Know, but hey, its nice to dream :unamused:

trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic. … light=free

Does anyone have a link to the department that is issuing these mirrors please :question:

ROG:
Does anyone have a link to the department that is issuing these mirrors please :question:

ROG, it’s the Department for Transport through two of their executive agencies - the Highways Agency and VOSA - and in conjunction with the Immigration Service, now known as the UK Border Agency. BTW, they are not mirrors but a rectangle of plastic which sticks to the inside of the passenger door window.

Thanks coffee :slight_smile:

BTW, if you are planning to contact them the Highways Agency are the main ones involved as the funding for the lenses was through them.

Are they any good for putting in the bathroom…may help me to see bits of my body i havnt seen for a few years…

not very clear in photo but this truck had one of those fitted but if you look closely it covered by his peek-a-boo curtians taken at the total garage jabeeke last week :laughing:
I was going to start a new thread on this subject but you beat me to it :laughing: :laughing:

fuse:
the Fresnel blind spot lens being given to foreign trucks are not free they are paid for out of my taxes

We also give them to UK drivers for use when they travel abroad.
HATO’s in my area carry a supply in the Cars, so if you need / want one just ask one of us.
you can also contact the HA direct and some kind person will point you in the right direction

truckyboy:
Are they any good for putting in the bathroom…may help me to see bits of my body i havnt seen for a few years…

They’re good, but not that good. :wink: :laughing: