Free access to OS Maps, and printable!

Did a search on here, and if this has been posted i’m sorry, but i can’t see it…

Just found this posted on a car forum, thought a few would find it handy, i certainly will!

maps.the-hug.net/

In the box top left just type in the place name.

That is a great website mate, made it a bookmark :smiley:

Roger Breaker:
Did a search on here, and if this has been posted i’m sorry, but i can’t see it…

Just found this posted on a car forum, thought a few would find it handy, i certainly will!

maps.the-hug.net/

Nice one Matey, added it to my favorites.

Just brilliant!

Well done!

Rat

Stunning!

Well done and thanks!!

Roger Breaker,
Suggestion, post it in “Useful Links” that way it wont disappear off the page in 2 or 3 days time

Good call! If the mods don’t do it before me, I’ll sort it when I get home.

I had a look at the page source to find out where the maps come from.
This location for it is probably less likely to get overloaded and disappear

http://www.ordnancesurvey.co.uk/oswebsite/opendata/viewer/

Roger Breaker:

maps.the-hug.net/

Hi folks, that’s my site. I was wondering why we were using up our tile allowance rather faster than usual over the last few days, now I know. :smiley:

As you’ll have gathered already I have a problem in that the Ordnance Survey nominally allow me 65,000 “tiles” (200 pixel x 200 pixel images) a day. In practice they allow me just over 100,000 but then they email me every so often and tell me I’m a naughty boy and I should get you all to behave. Sigh.

Anyway I’m currently trying to negotiate a solution (they did offer me unlimited access - only £240 a month, shall I pass the hat around?) but for now you’re going to have to bear with me. If you need a big map get in early in the day as once we go over 65,000 I’m now restricting the maximum size to 800x600 pixels to eke out the remaining day’s allowance for everyone else.

:blush: Sorry about that! Being the wonderful exciting new worldwide interwebnet, I should’ve known someone would’ve been suffering somewhere down the line! Sorry if it’s caused any hassle :blush:

No, that’s OK, in fact if anything it’s made me get off my arse and do something about this. The 100,000 tile limit has been becoming a problem for a couple of months now as the site has got more and more popular. I was writing about it in my blog only a few day ago here where you can see the growth we’re seeing.

I think I do have a plan now, one which will give us access to unlimited tiles, but it’s going to take a few weeks to put it into place. In the meantime we just have to limp along with what we’ve got.

I have no idea what you’re taking about in regards to tiles but its a good wee site you have. Stick goggle ads on it to pay for it

TallPaul:
Hi folks, that’s my site. I was wondering why we were using up our tile allowance rather faster than usual over the last few days, now I know. :smiley:

Hi Paul,

Welcome to TruckNet. As soon as I saw that URL posted I remembered reading your (and Beth’s) Big Blue diaries years ago. Small world and all that…

Paul

merc0447:
I have no idea what you’re taking about in regards to tiles but its a good wee site you have. Stick goggle ads on it to pay for it

If only. I would need to make £240 a month. With Google Ads I’d be lucky if I made that in a year.

repton:
Welcome to TruckNet. As soon as I saw that URL posted I remembered reading your (and Beth’s) Big Blue diaries years ago. Small world and all that…

Indeed, and we still have Big Blue, although we use it less these days. Getting old and lazy and Dougal the Discovery is far too comfortable for long distances (as well as a lot more economical).