Freds.

I have Freds mobile if you want to say hello.

Madrid ?

do you have his web adress?

lost it :frowning:

Dont have his web.Yes the great multi lingual man himself at Coslada.now at first floor of appartment block.Free parking near fairground.

andy187:
do you have his web adress?

lost it :frowning:

the one on the back of one of the shirts he gave me doesn’t work any more, I don’t think he has a website any more

Fred let web site go, too dear he told me

sorry to appear bit daft but who’s fred? :blush:

welshboyinspain:
sorry to appear bit daft but who’s fred? :blush:

Any drivers who have been going to Madrid over the years will know him, he has run a truck stop for as long as I can remember, it has been in 5 different locations since I have known him and has always been a good place to meet up, he always gives away gifts like T shirts, key rings, etc etc.
he produces and industrial estate map book for drivers who want them and is full of useful local information. Due to redevelopment of his last truck stop he had to move and the nearest secure parking is about a 5 minute walk away, but if you phone him he will come and pick you up, then drop you back after the night out.
He has often Lent drivers his car to go to the airport, aqua park etc etc and is a really nice bloke.

thanks for that info am regularly around madrid on way home
can you pm me his number please and next time i’m in madrid will ring him and find out where to park :smiley:

secure park is
Calle Alemania
Coslada
or
free park (not secure) is Calle de la Virgen de la Cabeza
Coslada
Freds is on this road at the base of the first tower block on the junction with Avenida del Plantio
I don’t have his phone number with me, it is on my spanish mobile which lives in my cab

freds mobile number is - 0034699977211 and the no. for his restaurant is 0034916725288

cheers

Thanks for that Senor Toby Ovens,i deleted the number in error!Fred said had a do with Coslada council with parking wagons at bottom of his cafe,but you can park now.He used to be in the complex with those macho gun wearing security guards,near the TIR adunas parking and restaurant.How is the recruitment with Comer mas potatas ltd,are they hiring euro drivers or as it gone quiet.Saw the truck stuck in Cornwall,looked a bit tight in the village.Fred had a place before Madrid on the National one,high up on a hill,couldnt see many stopping there.Used to use his OLD place,on the rough and dirt sand area.Lot of drivers fighting,after coming out of Freds clubs,that he owned.Speaks many languages,very astute and bright man.

toby1234abc:
Used to use his OLD place,on the rough and dirt sand area.Lot of drivers fighting,after coming out of Freds clubs,that he owned.Speaks many languages,very astute and bright man.

now that is a long time ago, I remeber the ladies of the night coming in to the bar giving vouchers to the drivers entitling them to I think it was the first drink either free or at a reduced price

Never had problems parking on the Industrial estate in Coslada on the road by Spain TIRs depot,its has a shower and cafe upstairs,get ticket for a meal from reception,even if not tipping there,who would object to it.With Spain TIR on your right,continue past the car dealer,turn right before the sports centre,and theres is a restaurant where all the French,Italian,Dutch drivers park up and have a meal,its called the abbatoir in Spanish.A short walk to the train or bus stop takes you down town to Madrid`s centre to stroll around the main tourist areas.Atocha train station where you get off,check return times so dont get stranded,but taxi is very cheap.How many places have internet in France and Spain,only found one in Andoiman truckstop at Bailen,not the BP truckstop.

had some good times at freds over the years old fred is a true gent

He should be a prime minister.The Coslada council allways gave him grief for parking issues.

i remember the dust bowl…
woke up one morning with elephants walking past cab…

i knew i had a few Ponche Caballero’s the night before!!!

until i saw the circus parked up down from trucks!

Also with fred double check your debit/credit card transactions/reciepts!

as once me and a mate had them done twice!