Freds Coslada.

Did you get the bus or train to Madrid or stay in the cab at weekends?Were you at the dustbowl parking or ate at the his place with the trigger happy gorilas guarding the industrial estate.
Or the place on the hill,North of Madrid on National 1?
He is still trading on the ground floor of a large appartment block.
Not aged at all.The man is a true legend.

toby1234abc:
Did you get the bus or train to Madrid or stay in the cab at weekends?Were you at the dustbowl parking or ate at the his place with the trigger happy gorilas guarding the industrial estate.
Or the place on the hill,North of Madrid on National 1?
He is still trading on the ground floor of a large appartment block.
Not aged at all.The man is a true legend.

Flew there once! Breda Transport flew me out to pick up a truck that had been left at Fred’s on the Z.I. The driver had been taken ill and was on his way to Morocco. Robert :slight_smile:

The last time I was at Freds he had just bought the place just off the N1. Did it ever take off because the locals were against it or so I heard?
Fred never seemed to forget anyone, it must have been six months between my first two visits and he remembered me.

Nice bloke too. Where is the apartment block?

The appartment block is by a square and park by Coslada.
It is not far from the second Fred place where he moved on the Zona Industrial.
As said,he has a memory of an elephant and never forgets a face or name from ten years or more.

I remember my first visit to Freds. I was driving towards Coslada when a car pulled in front of me and 4 blokes hung out of various windows making various rude hand signals! I was a bit confused but carried on, parked up and went into Freds only to find Fred and 3 British drivers rolling about with laughter!

He speaks about seven languages.Smart guy.Cracks jokes.

toby1234abc:
He speaks about seven languages.Smart guy.Cracks jokes.

And can overcharge for grub and showers in every one the languages

On many occasions,he would short change me.
Or have no prices on items in the shop,the price would change of course.He made money when drivers got drunk.
Then he would give a discount card for his many bag houses.
Not sure why most drivers would not go to see Madrid city centre.

Toby,

I was lucky never to have been “fully” week ended in Fred’s as don’t think it was affordable…haha.
Yes his prices varied a lot, normally depended on which waiter was on shift, I think.

But can’t slag the place off really as spent many a happy evening in there. Was better when it was the “new” Fred’s…which must have been the dust bowl edition. Just before they built the geodis warehouse in his car park. Do you remember the original Freds in Coslada ?

Still gripes on me the 550 pesetas for an almost warm and very dirty shower.

Many a good night spent in freds :smiley:

It was better than the bag houses,it was air con and Fred was very helpful in times of need we tipped at tnt and could spend our waiting time in comfort. Joepipe