Freddie Mercury anniversary

30 years this week since he died, just thought it was worth mentioning.
I’ve always been a big music fan with a much varied taste, I discovered Queen in the 70s (not personally btw :laughing: ) after hearing ‘‘Now I’m here’’ on the radio,.went out and bought the single,. and then my first Queen album ‘‘Sheer heart attack’’ soon after,.and was a fan ever since…always regretted turning down the chance to see them at MK in the 80s.
I reckon Freddie was maybe the best ever frontman,.arguably better than even Roger Daltrey.

Just watched a re.run of his tribute concert on the I player, some good stuff on there, Def Leppard,.Bowie,.Axl Rose, and the highlight of the concert imo,.George Michael singing ‘‘Need somebody to love’’ arguably equal to Freddie’s performance, (if you watch it just notice Bowies reaction to the rehearsal trying to hide his admiration. :smiley: )
RIP Freddie. :sunglasses:

youtu.be/3OSd17ko3O4

youtu.be/GS12ZZfH4rg

And George Michael’s rehearsal,.and Bowie trying to appear indifferent to his performance.
Remember …this guy used to sing banal cack like ''Wake me up before you go go ‘’ :laughing:
youtu.be/46YZ8evUfKk

That guitar intro on ‘now I’m here’ is just up there with ‘Bring it on Home’ by Zep and ‘Holidays in the Sun’ by the ■■■ Pistols. Inspired me to pick up the guitar. Funny, that as a kid, I was a punk who loved Sid taking the ■■■■ out of Freddie about taking ballet to the masses, but now I am older, Freddies anecdote about calling him Stanley Ferocious or something in return has me in stitches. Compare his prodigious musical talent with the current crop of so called ‘stars’.
BTW, Axl Rose in those shorts and boots reminded me of Freddie Starr doing Hitler.

Good post Rob , I love the synthesiser part in Radio Ga Ga, of which Lady Ga Ga chose her stage name from allegedly and any 80’ s synthesiser music such as Howard Jones , Depeche Mode, OMD , Tears for Fears, Human League or Talk Talk floats my boat!

Blimey! 30 years, Where has all that time gone, RIP to one of the best front men in the history of rock music.

I could do without 20 minutes of “DAYO DA DA DA DA DAYO”

New Order ; Ahead of their time in their heyday.