Fred Dibnah laddering a chimney

I am pretty young relative to the average age of truckers.
But I find this amazing how Fred did this.
I kinda wish I was around in the 50-70s.
H&S is great and all but I feel like it takes a lot out of the job at times.

youtube.com/watch?v=F04dGK1_wYA

Whilst I admire the work of the old steeplejacks, and thus Fred Dibnah as such, I admired his engineering skills much more. He was passionate about steam. If you are not familiar with it I suggest you check this, and his workshop, out.

I had the privilege of meeting the man in a village called Turton - in the local pub shock horror :laughing:

It was just before he made his first appearance on the local television news, a hero of mine and sadly missed RIP Fred.

He’s still on tv now.BBC2 7.pm. Interesting man.

It just amazes me that he down all this without any safety rope or anything.
Not high vis, no helmet. Just getting the job done.
He done it into his 60s as well.

youtube.com/watch?v=3R3-YwDZrzg

They saw it as no different to the risk of falling off a shed or house roof 20 feet or 300 feet it made no difference to them they were/are born with absolutely no fear of heights at all.
The demolition method was based on how they undermined medieval castle walls.Mine it, prop it, then burn out the props.
youtube.com/watch?v=cp28MRAu … e=emb_logo

Carryfast:
They saw it as no different to the risk of falling off a shed or house roof 20 feet or 300 feet it made no difference to them they were/are born with absolutely no fear of heights at all.
The demolition method was based on how they undermined medieval castle walls.Mine it, prop it, then burn out the props.
youtube.com/watch?v=cp28MRAu … e=emb_logo

I think he said once its best not to use safety ropes as you rely on them too much.