fransen transport

i’ve just been informed that fransen transport of kidderminster have gone into receivership.
i was told they were bankrupt but this is probably not the case just yet as new legislation requires a liquidator to be called in first to see if the company can be salvaged.
fransen have been operating for a very long time and were probably one of the first international fridge operators in the uk, managed by henk buzink the company has always been prepared to go where no others would dare - have wheels will travel - the company was part owned for a while by EFT and by pulleyn but earlier this year they were bought up by a non transport operating company after pulleyn offered it’s shares in fransen for sale.

i understand that some of fransens drivers are abroad and perhaps unaware of the situation, i know that 2 drivers are in greece at the moment.

good luck to them all and i’m sure none of them will struggle to find alternative employment.
i’ve met most of them whilst on european work and they nearly all seem good lads.

FRANSEN used to do RUSSIA long before any one else

and was delivering to the EMMBASSEYS and THOSE

WESTERN FIRMS operating in the oilfields and beyond,

Was there not something about this in the last CM? I thought that the ‘group’ that bought them was having problems but Fransen’s would be safe. :confused:

marcustandy:
Was there not something about this in the last CM? I thought that the ‘group’ that bought them was having problems but Fransen’s would be safe. :confused:

i don’t know - i’ve been in the states for the past 2 weeks, i got a phone call from a friend last night asking if i had the numbers for a couple of the drivers at fransen and he told me what he had been told.
he was looking to help them out if they needed it.