France to belgim

can any of u lads tell me if u can still run the corridor from calais to belgium on a sunday before 22 00 hrs thanks

andy best:
can any of u lads tell me if u can still run the corridor from calais to belgium on a sunday before 22 00 hrs thanks

Yup, expect a bit of scrutiny some days for the privilege though…

Andy Best,there is no ban on the “corrridor”,365 days a year,24/7 is no worries mate.

If you have not been there for a while,there are some new trucksops,for peace and quiet,and 24 hour security,there is “All4trucks”,which has a laundrymat,internet access,bar,restaurant,showers,fuel,supermarket,and you can but the “Vignette” from the little window at the eastern side of the building 24 hours.Dont park in Calais,new local police rule forbids off road parking in the industrial estates,even though the Turkish drivers ignore this,and they will try to buy your fuel at 22 cents per litre,to fill them up on you bosses cards.Make sure you have a TIR cord to go around the trailer,and seals,this may reduce the fines if they find illegal immigrants which is still a big problem in Calais and all northern ports in France.

cheers toby wont be stoppin there goin to germany so will have about 3 hrs drivin after comein of the train so wanna get as far as i can but get parked up early so i can start early monday mornin will be of train about 15 00 hrs sunday

andy best:

You can as long as you are not carrying hazardous.

Coffeeholic:

andy best:

and if you are in Dunkirk it is Monday morning before you can move, or it did used to be as the fire brigade is part time. Mind you I thought the whole of France was :laughing:

ADR is ok to run the Corridor any time,i never had a problem with my orange plates up,when the Police passed me.

toby1234abc:
ADR is ok to run the Corridor any time

Not true.

toby1234abc:
i never had a problem with my orange plates up,when the Police passed me.

You were lucky.

Coffeeholic:

Good point, didn’t think to ask that - or abnormal but Sundays are interdit anyway for that, so are daylight hours though on the corridor which most folks don’t realise, if you read closely the Categorie 1 permit

You can’t nip into Adinkerke either unless you use the Belgian route both in and out, so bear that in mind if you want to do a bit of Xmas shopping on a Sunday!

jimti:
You can’t nip into Adinkerke either unless you use the Belgian route both in and out, so bear that in mind if you want to do a bit of Xmas shopping on a Sunday!

Indeed, many have found that out to their cost when they take the Ghyvelde exit. I came of the train a few Sundays ago and ran up into Belgium and went into Adinkekre. A truck which ahd been in front of me coming up from Calais took the Ghyvelde exit and I was in the Texaco having coffee when he came in, it’s quicker to take the Adinkerke exit than go via Ghyvelde, and he asked me why I didn’t use Ghyvelde. I asked him what day it was and after a moment of puzzlement it suddenly dawned on him. He had always gone to Adinkekre that way and it hadn’t occurred to him that he couldn’t on a Sunday. He’s not going in that way any more on a Sunday.