France strikes in all parts of the country

as of 03-10-05 from 2200hrs are the french out on strike from the railways to the air traffic service also as it grows will more than likely more unions
will join in.the disturbence,this has come about due to the selling of part of the SNCM ferry line where the french had to go and recover a ferry which had been taken over by the workers,and also the way the french goverment is trying to save moneyby cutting certain services, so any one thinking of heading for EUROPE should check with the ferrys and also the news,
THIS means queues for the boat service into BELGIUM if they blockthe docks in FRANCE and also that they will start to parklorrys on the M20 again
so get you fridges stocked in your cab ,just in case you happen to be caught out,

at least they have the guts to do something,unlike the majority over here.

Thanks for that Pete, can you keep us informed of how the strikes are affecting things. We are off to Paul Ricard next week going through Dover Calais and the Mechanics are flying into Nice. Be good to know and then we can make alternative plans.

Have been looking at the news on the web but at present no mention if they have started as of yet, but be warned they will be out definitley and Tuesday
will be the big day it seems according to some reports, I will look and report
any changes when I know of them,

Hi
Any up date■■?

How long is the strike?
regards Geoff

hi have been loking around and at present they has been no notification of any problems, the strike is to start offically as of 0800hrs Monday 4th oct
until Wenseday 5th oct 0800hrs ,it seems that more unions wish to join in the strike and we can only wait and watch how the strike develops.
AT present it is the RAIL; & AIR unions with the workers from the oil industry
joining in as well, also on the french motorways the personnel are joining in as well it seems, have been looking but the docks at present are not reporting any problems, i will look around again and see what is happening later on to night and reportif there are any problems,