France - Possible work

I’ve got a CPC and my Cat C as we speak, I want to move too France next summer by which time I should have my international CPC and cat C+E.

I know I’m missing some other qualifications for driving in france (Driverscpc) what is it called and where can I find more information.

Is it possible to do these courses in English because although I’m learning french I really doubt I’ll be able to do the courses in French, and I don’t think I’ll be able to improve my french vastly until I move to france.

I want to drive in France for 6 months or so to get used to the language and find somewhere I’m comfortable living. Then assuming I’m happy with the move I want to sell my house in the UK, buy somewhere nice and start buying and selling trucks (Well buying in France and exporting them to contacts I have in eastern Europe.) I’ll also be looking at getting my O licence around the same time. Will my International CPC be enough or will I need even more qualifications.

Does anyone have any good websites that could help me in my quest or am I the only one here who doesn’t want to move to Canada.

Thanks
Tutu

Welcome to TN Tutu. To answer some of your points:

Tutu:
I’ve got a CPC and my Cat C as we speak, I want to move too France next summer by which time I should have my international CPC and cat C+E.

I doubt the CPC will get you much credence here, they have their own version and it is unlikely that the 2 are interchangeable.

I know I’m missing some other qualifications for driving in france (Driverscpc) what is it called and where can I find more information.

FCOS for drivers with more than 10 years provable experience. A 3 day course in French, costs about € 400 last time I looked. Google FCOS France and choose a centre to write to. Don’t expect a quick reply though.
FIMO for the less experienced. A 3 or 4 week course in French, obviously much more expensive. PM Chris (Caveman) for details.

Is it possible to do these courses in English because although I’m learning french I really doubt I’ll be able to do the courses in French, and I don’t think I’ll be able to improve my french vastly until I move to france.

Short answer. No. You wouldn’t expect to do your UK CPC in French would you? As far as FCOS is concerned it is not at all difficult for an experienced driver. Chris will tell you about FIMO.

I’ll also be looking at getting my O licence around the same time. Will my International CPC be enough or will I need even more qualifications.

Do you mean French or UK O licence? Again qualifications are not interchangeable I think, apart from your HGV class 1 (sorry for being old fashioned, I am :unamused: ) which is, and must be changed.

Does anyone have any good websites that could help me in my quest or am I the only one here who doesn’t want to move to Canada.

Not that I know of, and no, I don’t want to go to Canada either, too happy here. :wink: :laughing: