France, driving on sunday

Hoping for a quick answer here!

What is the earliest trucks can generally leave Calais Port travelling south on sunday evening? Is 2200 strictly enforced? Can you leave the port and drive to Aire de 2 Caps any earlier?

I regularly drive in France on a Sunday carrying liquid chocolate. We can run but It is normal to get a pull at some time throughiut the day.

I always notice Gendarmes hovering around the Peage at St Omer or the Abbeville section.

In my opinion it is not worth it, but listen to everybody warming the engines up 2 hours before the ban lifts :confused:

I thought there was a “corridor” that allowed you to make a run for the belgian border?

Sockpuppet:
I thought there was a “corridor” that allowed you to make a run for the belgian border?

There is if you are going to Belgium.

The actual corridor only was only supposed to be used from the port at Dunkirk to Ghyvelde and had to be time stamped on a card although the new A16 is still called (the corridor)

i would say the earliest you could leave legally would be the driving time it takes to reach the corridor arriving at A26 bang on 2200

If using the ‘corridor’ to get to Belgium the earliest you can leave Calais Port or the tunnel terminal is anytime you like, unless carrying hazardous. The corridor is irrelevant in this case as HM said he was heading south. The earliest he can legally leave is 22:00 however you can usually start drifting away from about 21:30. The key is not to arrive at the St Omer Peage before 22:00. I always used to leave Calais Port at 21:35 and take a steady run down to the Peage, arriving bang on 22:00. Never had a problem with this even if the Gendarmes were at St Omer. No guarantees though, you just have to chance you aren’t going to encounter a Gendarme in a bad mood who decides you aren’t getting away with it.