France and the recent Protests

did anyone watch the SKYnews coverage this morning about the immigrants and the HGV drivers?

whilst I am not for being in a ‘union’ as such where were the representatives from the RHA/FTA etc? not one person who had anything to do with road haulage and the issues being faced by drivers seemed to be around? surely this was the ideal opportunity to get some general public support for this issue?

the only thing I seen was a driver from Rotherham who had given an ‘account’ :open_mouth:

I’ve thought this as well. It’s like the lorry V cyclist debate, there’s loads of pressure groups shouting up for their side but no one shouting out for us.

Someone from the RHA on radio 5 a min ago. Only seemed to care about Goods In Transit. Funnily enough seemed uninterested about driver safety.

I think, from reading other forums and news reports that the public are slowly realising the ■■■■■ we have to put up with as all the supportive comments regarding drivers are from non industry related members of the public.

If this was a purely “refugee” issue and not just economic opportunism. - where are the women and kids?

think its time the likes of the FTA and RHA were made to realise they represent the drivers and industry as a whole, irrespective of the situation they alongside any others that I have forgot to mention need to start being proactive rather than just paying lipservice.

even this morning the lass on sky was saying oh theres another immigrant who has just stocked up on his water for the days work of trying to break into a truck!!

why don’t the French dismantle the camps?

I suspect that the frog’s want to keep all the rotten egg’s in one basket war.

Or at least try to. Then they are free to get to the UK. France has already said it’s our problem, not their’s.

yeah EB its probably true, just watching it this morning and thinking what it used to be like when I ran over the water in the 90’s no wonder not many uk firms run abroad now.

climbing up and hiding behind the air deflector kits, breaking padlocks what more can drivers do? one said they are carrying knives now and don’t seem afraid to use them, taser or shoot on site time needs to come.

war1974:
did anyone watch the SKYnews coverage this morning about the immigrants and the HGV drivers?

whilst I am not for being in a ‘union’ as such where were the representatives from the RHA/FTA etc?

As I said on Monday, the same place they are whenever the popular press runs a one-sided, ill-informed piece vilifying the haulage industry following a truck plus cyclist accident: nowhere to be seen.

Shame on them.

kjw21:
If this was a purely “refugee” issue and not just economic opportunism. - where are the women and kids?

they will A be on a computer trying to scam somebody
b collecting benefits for 12 plus children
c make up your own answers

kjw21:

‘If’ it was a ‘refugee’ ‘asylum’ issue they wouldn’t need to leave Africa or Asia.

FTA and RHA don’t represent drivers at all, they represent companies. They only people they want to make happy are the cucumber sandwich directors. The only organisation that try’s to improve drivers rights is unite. They tried recently with their drivers charter. But half the folk on here wanting a voice probably shot that down in flames anyway :confused:

so no companies are affected when their drivers refuse to go via Calais?

still cant see how they had no form of haulage representative though.

merc0447:
FTA and RHA don’t represent drivers at all, they represent companies. They only people they want to make happy are the cucumber sandwich directors. The only organisation that try’s to improve drivers rights is unite. They tried recently with their drivers charter. But half the folk on here wanting a voice probably shot that down in flames anyway :confused:

Ironically I’d doubt if unite would want to support what’s needed to sort the problem in the form of a United European anti immigration policy which sends them back across the Med or Turkish border.

Blair’s legacy & the corrupt EU working in perfect harmony.