Fowler welch

The usual on fowler welch if anyone knows anything?

What they like to work for? Sort of work they do? Pay etc etc

Thanks in advance guys

Where are you as crystal ball broke

As it depends on depot

animal:
Where are you as crystal ball broke

As it depends on depot

LOL was gonna say the same, I know dhan saff there on nearly £10ph up nooorrrrfff there on £8

It’s mainly fridge work, unless it’s ambient, then it’s not.

Slackbladder:
It’s mainly fridge work, unless it’s ambient, then it’s not.

:laughing: :laughing:

Give the man a break he’s new here he’s asked a reasonable question. Welcome to TNUK John but unfortunately I know nothing about FW so can’t help you.

:wink: You might be doing deliveries to supermarket depots as a supply driver. This is the kind of work that involves you going to places like Didcot Tescos, handing your keys in having been told to lock your cab (with you outside it) and years later, a dusty skeleton will be called in the 4x4metre waiting room that “your truck is ready”…

Then there’s collections work which involves you taking your truck down some country lane to a farm somewhere, and docking onto the packhouse to be loaded up with the produce of that farm.

Finally, there’s import stuff, which will involve going to a depot somewhere to pick up imported stuff like citrus fruit, and bringing it back to base like the local “collections” work.

If you are in there via an agency that pays overtime after 8 hours, you’ll get 9 hour shifts consistently. (9 hours less 1hour unpaid meal break=flat 8 hour shift paid) If you are on a “right through” rate, you’ll be planned for 12-15 hours consistently. Don’t fall for the trap of working hours like 10am to 1am for “day rate” like I did at first though. Like working at Tescos now, if working a “planned” 15 hour shift involves finishing after midnight, then it’s upto you to enforce “night rate” or “I’d rather work somewhere else boss”.

John92:

Thanks in advance guys

WHAT DEPOT ARE YOU NEAR TOO

jonesrob1122:

John92:

Thanks in advance guys

WHAT DEPOT ARE YOU NEAR TOO

No need to shout.

Upto 9 quid odd an hour in the southeast.not much more than minimum wage at Spalding n Heywood.easy work at all depots.polish an advantage at Spalding.looked after fleet all legal.

sandgrounder:
polish an advantage at Spalding.

I thought that was a minimum requirement to even be considered for the job…!?

Cheers guys, sorry I didn’t put where I’m based. I’m based in Boston so I’m guessing spalding is going to be closest depot to me.

Do there trucks have sat navs built in or do you need your own?

They will give you maps to wherever you need to go.

Best guaranteed money I know of is at Turners/Browns, you can get a decent hourly rate elsewhere but will be chasing the hours (which you might not get)

Decent kit but I’m sure the money is pants but that’s par for the course around there I’d say.