Fowler Welch

Does any body know roughly what the rates are for Fowler Welch as a subbie?

Fowler Welch pay you a percentage of what the job is worth, you will need to get 2 jobs in a day to make it pay. A mate of mine pulls for them and says he can get between £1700 & £2200 per week but the £1700 weeks are more common then the £2200 weeks. Also they pay on 60 days from the end of month so if you start working for them on 1st July you will have to wait until the 1st week in October to get paid which is actually 90 days without money. Hope that helps

BigE:
Also they pay on 60 days from the end of month so if you start working for them on 1st July you will have to wait until the 1st week in October to get paid which is actually 90 days without money.

Absolute madness for an O/D or small haulier :exclamation: :exclamation: :frowning:

Why would anybody work for them on those payment terms , you can bet your life they get thier money in 30 days…if the guy is knocking up about £2200 per week that means they are gunna have about 26 grand of his money in thier account before they pay him the first months £8800 which means they are always going to have 17 grand of his money in thier bank…■■■■ that !!!

Thanks Big E. Was just wondering if it was worth a try for starting out as there is always subbies working for them big and small.

gazzad:
Thanks Big E. Was just wondering if it was worth a try for starting out as there is always subbies working for them big and small.

If you can run a truck for upto 90 days before you get paid then go for it, it’s good clean work and they don’t charge you trailer hire and they always seem to be busy. I’ve driven for them as a casual driver and I really enjoyed it. Most of there work is loading from farms and packhouses and then delivering to RDC’s for Tesco and Morrisons etc. What depot would you work out of?

It would be Washington Big E.was just wondering what the score is with them before starting enquires.Few companys up here work for them and have grown quick.

BigE:
Fowler Welch pay you a percentage of what the job is worth, you will need to get 2 jobs in a day to make it pay. A mate of mine pulls for them and says he can get between £1700 & £2200 per week but the £1700 weeks are more common then the £2200 weeks. Also they pay on 60 days from the end of month so if you start working for them on 1st July you will have to wait until the 1st week in October to get paid which is actually 90 days without money. Hope that helps

i dont know what the payment terms are on the UK side but there certainly not that on Fowler Welch European

BigE:
Fowler Welch pay you a percentage of what the job is worth, you will need to get 2 jobs in a day to make it pay. A mate of mine pulls for them and says he can get between £1700 & £2200 per week but the £1700 weeks are more common then the £2200 weeks. Also they pay on 60 days from the end of month so if you start working for them on 1st July you will have to wait until the 1st week in October to get paid which is actually 90 days without money.

Assuming those figures are based on 5 days that’s between £340 & £440 per day. Hopefully that’s one job per day because if it’s two that’s dire.

If Fowler Welch pay on a percentage of what the job is worth, how do you know that you are receiving your correct payment?

Stan

gazzad:
Few companys up here work for them and have grown quick.

If they’re only earning that sort of money each week and you have to wait most of 90 days for your money then IMO they need to all be very local jobs using very little derv or there’s surely no way of making any profit at all out of it? I know I wouldn’t be happy with £1700 in a week myself unless I was using under £500quids worth of derv, and even at that those payment terms would probably put me off.

I’m always wary of any company that grows quickly doing poorly paid work. Bulmers is the prime example up in this neck of the woods…

Paul