Fowler Welch North East

Been called for interview & assessment this week at Fowler Welch, Washington. Does anyone know the rates of pay & are they any good to work for. Getting £9p/h at present. Is it worth going to interview?

No idea up there, but I believe they were around the low 7’s around here about a year ago when I was looking at going.

Which I didn’t think was too bad except that was the rate even on a Sunday.

£7 odd for working Sunday’s, jeez :cry:

Ok thanks, think I’ll just give it a miss!

They are advertising it as “Competitive rates of pay apply” and “Pension available” so it might be worth a look.

Unless some-one who works for them can give you a definite answer, wouldn’t it be better just to turn up for interview and assessment and find out on the day? Wouldn’t go off guesswork by others they could be miles out with their opinions and you could have lost out on a good job.

If you still need info pm me Ive worked for them on that contract

I was offered a job there in 2009 and would have taken home around £290 for working twilight shift(12pm till 12am) on either Sun-Thur or Tues-Sat basis. Needless to say, I declined their offer but I couldn`t tell you what current rates are.

Kamars:
Been called for interview & assessment this week at Fowler Welch, Washington. Does anyone know the rates of pay & are they any good to work for. Getting £9p/h at present. Is it worth going to interview?

HELLO MATE DID U FIND OUT WOT PAY RATES WAS AT FOWLER WELCH AT WASHINGTON

Solly:
Unless some-one who works for them can give you a definite answer, wouldn’t it be better just to turn up for interview and assessment and find out on the day? Wouldn’t go off guesswork by others they could be miles out with their opinions and you could have lost out on a good job.

Excellent advice , would not pay too much attention to the opinions expressed on this forum about pay rates .Looks like they take care of their employees if they are offering a pension scheme . Best to go along to interview and make your own assessment . They are owned by Dart Group whose shares have performed extemely well during the last year .

N.I Express:

Solly:

Excellent advice , would not pay too much attention to the opinions expressed on this forum about pay rates .Looks like they take care of their employees if they are offering a pension scheme . Best to go along to interview and make your own assessment . They are owned by Dart Group whose shares have performed extemely well during the last year .

My wifes uncle works for them in Lincolnshire low 7’s is what he told me but also said he earns over 30k a year with n/o meal allowance etc and maxing out every week also learn polish. :grimacing:

Every employer has to offer a pension now dont they■■?

With having my first interview for the hgv since leaving then army as a tank transporter and been trying to get this kind of job for 2 years I now have an interview but just woundering if there is any advice from anyone about this :smiley:

For fowler welch washington depot

Had an ‘interview’ for them in 2005 when they had a depot in Gateshead. The interview was, “can I see your licence”, photocopied it then asked when I wanted to start!

Just text a mate, he used to work there.

He said it is over £8 an hour now, but how ‘over’ I don’t know. :confused:

Make that 4 year ago…

NewLad:

N.I Express:

Solly:

My wifes uncle works for them in Lincolnshire low 7’s is what he told me but also said he earns over 30k a year with n/o meal allowance etc and maxing out every week also learn polish. :grimacing:

That’s about the going rate for all class 1 work in Lincs I think! Some even pay under £7 ph, mentioning no names! :imp:

They do Tesco stores out of Washington so it’s easy work. I’ve heard it’s a straight through rate, weekends and all but go and see. It can’t do any harm :wink:

Carlos Fandango:
They do Tesco stores out of Washington so it’s easy work.

Tesco work is not ‘easy’, more like a pain in the arse…

oldsid:
Every employer has to offer a pension now dont they■■?

No not yet it is being phased in, based on the number of employees so the big boys will be first, if not offering one already :wink: