Fowler Welch - Heywood

I’ve done some agency work here and it seemed ok to be honest.

They’re advertising for drivers, anyone got any idea what they pay?

I know they expect weekends, and that’s putting me off to be honest.
I do a lot at weekends and have a lot of weekends booked in June, July and Aug, so probably not an ideal job for me, but agency is so up and down, and got bills to pay…

Thanks

hi
i do casual work for a subbie out of fowlers washington depot, have heard drivers when talking in canteen say they are on £7.20 an hour. Dont know about o/t or if they are guaranteed hours etc.
cheers
mick

Thanks for that Mick, hopefully someone will come with the full details, it’s apply by post, and the price of stamps these days, don’t want to waste one.

Getting average of 3 days / week on agency at 8.25 with time + half after 8 hrs, would like to go back full time, but really don’t fancy giving my weekends up, sat’s ok, but not sundays, and I’d have to book about 12 holidays the day I started lol, but would be ok if the money’s ok.

If it’s £7.20 / hr, I’ll stay on agency, probably do roughly the same in a week anyway, just like a bit more stability to be honest.

hi wayne
they seem to have some strange shift patterns which include weekends as you say. dont know how organised they are at Heywood only been once there did drop and pick up but drivers at washington can be waiting for trailers for hours apart from ones delivering to tesco stores.
mick

id be interested in what the rate off pay is

Assuming that Teynham is the top-dollar office, how much doya think they’ll pay for perm nights staff? :question:

a guy from heywood rang me asking am i still looking for work as i stuck a form in month ago said there aftre 23 drivers weekend shifts nights out and said the adverage earnings is about 450 a week
on that note i said no thanks as im erning more now on mon to fri as i went to say thanks for the call etc he just went ok bye and slammed phone down :open_mouth: