Fowler Welch Coolchain

Pittbullderg1979:
so it must be a differ jim to the one ur talkin abt pal. he wont last 5 mins.

Like I say, write to Spalding if you’ve got issue’s, moreso if its about a manager as they do take notice of what is going on.

Well, its me MR Davy Driver. I have to be honest here m8 and actually say that i am pleasantly impressed with Fowler’s lately, i put my hands up and say that i stand well and truly corrected. The changes in the Washington depot are quite immense and i am actually starting to enjoy working for them these days in some respects. I still think that the office staff need to sort a lot of things out e.g. Communication and respect. I have learned that only 2 ppl in that office are ex class 1 drivers. The rest really aint got a clue. They have changed the look of the place for the better, but to be honest, its all about the clowns in the office and how flash it is for them but we are given stinking units damaged, and unsuitable to spend long shifts in unlike the beautiful office for yourselves now it is all good for the suit’s, start making the place nicer for the professional heavy goods operators. Drivers still get treat like [zb] with terrible rate of pay. I also know that the Tescos bosses have also stated that i quote “the drivers are the ones that keep this place going” they said more but i wont go on about it. We are professional driver’s, who do risk our lives every single day and night on them roads to support our families. All im saying is that we do not get enough credit for what we do for that company where i know that Tescos drivers are treat the same as there respected office staff. Need to start appreciating the work we do and not to only call us “professional driver’s” when something goes terribly wrong. Washington, you have changed the look of the place, now please change your attitudes towards drivers and stop the selfish ways that you really do think its you that makes the ££££££ in that place. Well it aint. It is the drivers. I honestly thought Mr J.B would see and understand this as an ex class 1 driver. We are well and truly over due a decent pay rise, and especially the night shift drivers as they are working unsociable hours. One more request from me is to ask the bosses and office staff to just please respect us for what we do and how lonely our job is being away from our families at opposite times daily. Only 2 things to better the place are rates of pay and respect. Please pass this on to your contacts in Washington as you have said that you keep in touch with them. from Pittbull. :slight_smile:Cheers.

the money quoted on this thread £6.30 -£7.20 is an absolute disgrace :angry:

seriously i would throw my licence in the bin before i give my services to mr tinkler and the likes .

All i said in the past, was pretty wrong and do take back what i said about certain ppl e.g (Jim). that was a while ago and i dont think he is a bad bloke after all. I apologise for that and anyone else i offended at the time. But i will stick to my guns with the post i sent (30-11-09). as i feel strongly about it. The company is improving by multiples and i am genuinely pleased to see that, but still needs to make the drivers feel like they are worth the job they do. I may sound pathetic here but after the amount of money i personally paid to become a class 1 driver, was supposed to make me proud of what i wanted to achieve and become (class 1 HGV driver), but i and others who obviously wont speak up, do feel as if we don’t gain anything from our duties. I aint being nasty here, but the wages are disgusting to say the least, and if it were not for the recession, I am having to say that the boy’s would not be there and Fowler Welch Coolchain would struggle to keep good workers interested, unless the rate was to increase out of the company’s own good will. If this post is noticed by the bosses of the company, i strongly recommend that they take this post in to consideration and work as a company and a team, who appreciate one another’s job role’s instead of it all made to be against people as individual classes. No downgrading. We all work there and should all be valued as Fowler Welch employees and Staff no matter what the job title or role,.as each is vital to the company. use this post as a suggestion and maybe even act on it, and i am more than sure there will be loyalty, and a hell of a lot of respect and good, happy and enjoyable hard work done in return.Cheers.