Fowler welch advertising for drivers in desborough area

hi all. i have seen on fowler welch’s website that there advertising for drivers,traffic operators etc in the desborough area. does anyone live in that area are they opening a new depot?

They had a licence application in this weeks local rag for 25 trucks & trailers to be based at the Great Bear Dist premises.

Anyone know what’s the money/conditions are like.

There vehicle’s look clean and looked after.

How well do they treat there driver’s ?

Wages are around the £7.00 ph mark now, hours are long but its mainly delivering to RDC’s etc so plenty of sitting around

Cant really comment on the office staff as its one of those local things, personally I would go back to them if I was desperate but that’s my opinion.

Main office staff at Spalding head office were OK I found.

fast trucks :open_mouth:

C-Kay:
fast trucks :open_mouth:

your not wrong pull your mirrors in theyre coming thru :smiley:

Davey,

Was it days/nights or tramping, and if so, what was the night out money etc like?

Think you will find the only fast trucks on Fowlers is the Owner Drivers, Fowlers own trucks were limited to 54 when I was there of course they were mainly scanias so I suppose the number 1 fuse could blow, but in all honesty theres no reason for speed as its hourly paid and you have booking times to stick to.

Then again, I only did Inter depot trunking 5 nights a week :wink:

marcustandy

I was on Nights doing trunking but they do have drivers who are away most of the week, I never got night out money but I think it was around £15 around 3 years ago. Personally if your looking for a job with nothing going anywhere else then go to Fowlers, there are worse companies out there, I wouldn’t say they were the best but they certainly aint the worst I’ve worked for. Going off the top of my head I got around £260 after tax but that was for around 60 hrs pw night shift 8pm - around 8 or 9 am Gateshead to Spalding to Gateshead and was left to get on with it.

£260 take home for 60 hours a week on nights, that just depresses me. Robbing bstards.

£260 take home for 60 hours a week on nights, that just depresses me. Robbing bstards.

I’ll second that :exclamation:

that money is dire even if it was day rate , but for nights , jeez :unamused: :imp:

Silver_Surfer:

[zb*]Hell thats taking the [zb*] Big time