Fourth road bridge

hi guys any one no if theres a toll on the fourth road bridge a90 and the tay bridge or any hgv restrictions on either

nope no tolls on either an no restrictions.

bobbert_bear:
nope no tolls on either an no restrictions.

cheers

did not know there were 4 crossing over the river Forth.tolls done away with a while ago

There are 3 road bridges Forth Road Bridge, Kincardine Bridge and the Clackmannan Bridge just watch the costs for the new Forth Crossing spiral out of control it will make the Edinburgh Trams and Scottish Parliament look cheap :stuck_out_tongue:

What’s the useful life expectancy of the Forth Road Bridge now?
Are the steel strands still snapping daily?

there are no toll roads in Scotland. that is the one useful thing the SNP have done

there is passport control on the edinburgh side coming from fife, they dont like us fifers gaining access to edinburgh so mind take your passport

I did hear that the Scottish parliament were considering putting gates up at Gretna.

gogzy:
there is passport control on the edinburgh side coming from fife, they dont like us fifers gaining access to edinburgh so mind take your passport

Yeah and we need inoculations to go the other way…lol

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Trukkertone:
I did hear that the Scottish parliament were considering putting gates up at Gretna.

Maybe a wall right accross would be an idea? :laughing:

gogzy:

That was definitely one of the downsides of building that bridge.Let all you lot out.
I did read in the Times or Observer a couple of years back a columnist suggested that most of Scotlands problems could be sorted by digging a trench up the rh side of the M90 from the Forth Bridge to the Friarton Bridge which would enable Fife to float of into the North Sea. :grimacing:

Gridley51:

gogzy:

That was definitely one of the downsides of building that bridge.Let all you lot out.
I did read in the Times or Observer a couple of years back a columnist suggested that most of Scotlands problems could be sorted by digging a trench up the rh side of the M90 from the Forth Bridge to the Friarton Bridge which would enable Fife to float of into the North Sea. :grimacing:

even if they did get rid of the forth bridge we still have kincardine bridge, and even if that goes we just go to stirling and round the long way.
the forth bridge is a pain in the rear end though at the best of times.

:
[/quote]
[/quote]
I know,I cross it at least twice a day. :smiley:

Gridley51:
:

[/quote]
I know,I cross it at least twice a day. :smiley:
[/quote]
Same, Sunday was 8 times

Driveroneuk:

I would be worried if that is true!

Alcpone:

Driveroneuk:

I would be worried if that is true!

OK, maybe not daily. I saw a TV programme about it some years ago & they were very concerned.

See here:

thecourier.co.uk/News/articl … reaks.html

!
[/quote]
OK, maybe not daily. I saw a TV programme about it some years ago & they were very concerned.
[/quote]
The problem was corrosion due to moisture getting into the cables.Theyve had the same problems in America with bridges which have the same types of cables. To try and stop it.theyve sheathed the cables with some sort of covering and are sucking warm air through them.Apparently it will be a few years before they know if its working or not. Ive heard that all traffic except PSVs and cycles will go on the new bridge when its built.Seems a bit pointless that,just moving the congestion from one bridge to the other rather than sharing it.