Found !!!!!

The best fish and chips I have ever tasted, right here in the good old US of A. Exit 48 off I-81 Watertown NY. Nice 'N easy truck stop, first on the left as you leave the interstate. I was a bit bothered about parking somewhere so sparse and remote because I didn’t think they would have any real grub as it’s such a small place, walked in and up to the counter, saw ‘Fresh Haddock dinner’ on the menu. The guy took a fillet out of the fridge, dipped it and thick batter right in front of me and deep fried it. Better than the best chippy in England I tell ya :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve used that place, its good alright.

ye used that place really good .just got back to uk had fish and chips last night gr8 and a chicken vindaloo night before beautifule l.o.l

Great that you are back there Steve, I also found a doner kebab place in Yonkers LOL

What about the chips :question: :question: and the salt and vinegar :question:

The chips were nothing extra special, but as I said each table has Heinz malt vinegar and salt freely available. I wasn’t particularly bothered as the fish was so dam good :stuck_out_tongue:

hi pat ye so far done the tour l.o.l kebab/vindaloo/fish/chips/pukka.pie/now back to semi healthy /just of to start fu…ng c.p.c.for 5days gd luck m8 :smiley:

I am too old to go through all the CPC crap, if I ever came home it would be to retire LOL

In Calgary, we got “The British Chippy.” run by a couple from Lancashire.
Had a cod, chips, curry sauce, bread & butter and a tea and didn’t get no change from $20.
It tasted pretty good but not like I remember in the UK. It may be down to the oil/fat they cook it in.
My biggest gripe was the portion size, it was crap, the fish is a 6oz fillet which is tiny and about 12 chips, won’t be going back anytime soon.

neilg14:
In Calgary, we got “The British Chippy.” run by a couple from Lancashire.
Had a cod, chips, curry sauce, bread & butter and a tea and didn’t get no change from $20.
It tasted pretty good but not like I remember in the UK. It may be down to the oil/fat they cook it in.
My biggest gripe was the portion size, it was crap, the fish is a 6oz fillet which is tiny and about 12 chips, won’t be going back anytime soon.

We live just round the corner from the British Chippy, they now have one in Okotoks. Best Fish & Chips we,ve had is in the pub Coach & Horse (Midnapore ) and Kildare,s in Silverado both near to Spurce Meadows

ye sounds right pat just of to my 2nd day cpc u wouldnt believe it m8 talk about muppets .its one of those switch of moments :smiley:

This was my Thursday night meal as mentioned at the start of the topic, $9.99 including a large lemonade.

Not too small either, about 10 inches long, and the best batter I have had.

stevejones:
ye sounds right pat just of to my 2nd day cpc u wouldnt believe it m8 talk about muppets .its one of those switch of moments :smiley:

seems like just another way to get money out of the drivers :frowning: