Found this on ebay

Was just looking for an mp3 player and an fm transmitter for when I start my new job, have found these so and was wondering if any one else has got one and if they are any good.

Think I might get one if they are any good and just buy a SD card save buying a mp3 player.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Car-MP3-Bluetooth-Phone-FM-Transmitter-SD-MMC-USB-/400140832937?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_AudioVideoElectronics_PortableAudio_MP3PlayerCarKits&hash=item5d2a4090a9#ht_4905wt_911

Thanks

check the negative feedback of that seller. not good. come from hong kong even though it says uk/europe :neutral_face: :neutral_face: :neutral_face: :neutral_face:

r slicker:
check the negative feedback of that seller. not good. come from hong kong even though it says uk/europe :neutral_face: :neutral_face: :neutral_face: :neutral_face:

There is a few different seller selling them, I always check the feed back after I bought an xbox 360 for the kids and it didnt work, got it refunded in the end but the part that was broke on the kids xbox worked in the xbox I bought my uncle swapped it over for me and then I sent it back turned out okay in the end :laughing:

I am uncertain about the voltage,it only mentions 12v and trucks are 24v in some sockets so you may fry it.Get some more informed advice as it wouldn’t look to good setting fire to your wagon on your first day.

big mac.i bought 1 a couple of months ago,worked for around 3 weeks then it was unable to read the sd card and unable to transmitt right frequency for radio, that was the second one i had the first 1 was great did the job but that also [zb] up in the end.

I’ve got a belkin fm transmitter, cost me 30 quid and it’s the biggest load of crap I’ve ever bought. I was forever retuning it gave up in the end and now it’s in a box in the cupboard.

I haven’t tried this with a mobile phone, but I’ve had one for about 3 yrs playing music thro’ a memory stick to the radio and for the price it’s brilliant.

And you don’t have to go to china to get it.
3000rpm.com/acatalog/Sumvisi … itter.html

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280463571410&ssPageName=ADME:X:AAQ:GB:1123#ht_2697wt_911

I found this one as well more expensive but looks abit better, I thought about the voltage thing hoping that maybe the truck (will either be a MAN or Merc 18t) will have a 12v plug or look at getting a dropper

If I have to buy a dropper would this be suitable

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Twin-Socket-24v-12v-Voltage-Dropper-Converter-8A-/230477764927?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CommercialVehicleParts_SM&hash=item35a98b993f#ht_763wt_911

If you’ve got a local Maplins shop, check them out first, may cost you a few pounds more, but you can see the product before buying, and if it goes wrong, you got someone to complain to!

Thanks truckerjon never thought of maplins saw them mentioned on here a few times, found one its £40. The only bad thing is that it doesnt support SD cards but could connect it to my phone any way as that has 16gb of memory.

I prefer to buy things like this from proper companies rather than ebay.

I’ve been looking at the Pure Highway DAB radio transmitter with line in. That looks like a nice piece of kit.

I use a tomtom, it has a built in fm transmitter, I have a cable to connect it to my iPhone so can play all my music via the tomtom. Also have the works phone connected via Bluetooth so have handsfree calling as well.

8wheels:
I’ve been looking at the Pure Highway DAB radio transmitter with line in. That looks like a nice piece of kit.

I’ve got one, use it all the time when I’m in the truck. Only downside is you need a decent aerial. The one that comes with it is OK, but in weak isgnal areas you tend to get drop out. you can get an external mag mount from PURE website, but as I’m agency and using a different truck every day, I haven’t bothered. One good point is you can use the line in socket to play your MP3 player, or IPOD through the truck speaker system.
channels vary across the country, near London, birmingham, Manchester etc, you get about 80 channels, out in the sticks it’s more like 40. Lot of asian channels on digital now, also a few Polish channels. you also have the highways agency channel, which is good if you want to check for major hold ups on your route.
you get Planet Rock,absolute radio, all the BBC including 1 xtra, 5 xtra, BBC6 and 7, great for comedy and thrillers, and BFPS Radio, classic FM, magic FM plus a host of local channels

bubsy06:
I use a tomtom, it has a built in fm transmitter, I have a cable to connect it to my iPhone so can play all my music via the tomtom. Also have the works phone connected via Bluetooth so have handsfree calling as well.

Where does the lead plug into and where did you get the lead from. I have a nokia 5800 would it work with that or is it an iphone accessory

Big Brummie Macca:

bubsy06:

Where does the lead plug into and where did you get the lead from. I have a nokia 5800 would it work with that or is it an iphone accessory

Only works with an iphone and its plugs into the bottom of the tomtom, think it only works on the x30,x40 and x50 models.
You can also get a memory card and put the music onto it and put that into your tomtom

truckerjon:

8wheels:

I’ve got one, use it all the time when I’m in the truck. Only downside is you need a decent aerial. The one that comes with it is OK, but in weak isgnal areas you tend to get drop out. you can get an external mag mount from PURE website, but as I’m agency and using a different truck every day, I haven’t bothered. One good point is you can use the line in socket to play your MP3 player, or IPOD through the truck speaker system.
channels vary across the country, near London, birmingham, Manchester etc, you get about 80 channels, out in the sticks it’s more like 40. Lot of asian channels on digital now, also a few Polish channels. you also have the highways agency channel, which is good if you want to check for major hold ups on your route.
you get Planet Rock,absolute radio, all the BBC including 1 xtra, 5 xtra, BBC6 and 7, great for comedy and thrillers, and BFPS Radio, classic FM, magic FM plus a host of local channels

I was on about this product when i asked switchlogic what he used to play his through.
Ive got a belkin clearscan thing but you do sometimes struggle for a decent signal and the plug for the sound is used as the antenna so found if you play with it alot to get a decent signal, it gets alot of interferance the older it gets!

What is the largest size memory card the tom tom supports?

Think I may just get the TomTom saw them on ebay with the truck software already loaded on them. Are you able to transfer the software from one memory card to another. Sorry if these seam dumb questions not to hot on all this technical stuff

Big Brummie Macca:
What is the largest size memory card the tom tom supports?

Think I may just get the TomTom saw them on ebay with the truck software already loaded on them. Are you able to transfer the software from one memory card to another. Sorry if these seam dumb questions not to hot on all this technical stuff

think its 4gb not sure tho.
Yes you can copy the software to another card but it wont work in any other tomtoms.

Right I think I have changed my mind again, as I am going to be the only one driving the truck I am thinking about buying a cd player for it with aux function so I dont have to mess around with the frequency etc all the time as I have heard that can be a problem with fm transmitters.

Going to make sure the sat nav I buy has got handsfree calling facility, does any body have a bluetooth headset in there car or truck that allows you to recieve call hands free as I am wondering are the mics any good on them I know the sound comes through the speakers so people will have no problem hearing the other person but what about the other person hearing me?

I have got my phone and a work phone I hate them bluetooth headsets I have got one that I will use until I set myself up properly with soemthing else. I am thinking using the sat nav for one and the cd player for the other.

Sorry Im going on abit just dont want to go out and waste a load of money on something that isnt any good.

Thanks BBM