Found a story

Was interesting to see all his Units parked up all over Luxembourg :slight_smile:

eurofound.europa.eu/eiro/200 … 02104f.htm

That article is dated 10 years ago, do you think the units are still there?

tallyman:
That article is dated 10 years ago, do you think the units are still there?

The Units not there anymore,but it shows that big Company mustn’t be safe if doing not properly.

:arrow_right: Then you read
CopY:
They were also paid EUR 0.1 per kilometre covered, and drove up to 30,000 kilometres a month, working 16-20 hours a day. Tachograph discs and other official documentation had allegedly been tampered with.

:arrow_right: Now that story is not true,but official,and about OGBL the luxembourg union is a own story worth
Copy:
OGB-L began intensive talks with the Ministry of the Family, and it was finally decided that the government would charter two planes to Slovakia and Bulgaria, which was where most of the drivers came from. The Ministry made each of the drivers a payment of EUR 1,000 when they left the country on 1 February 2002.

So what of it? I saw one of their tankers on the M6 a fortnight ago.

In these enlightened times, Eastern European drivers can freely drive around Europe (even Luxemborg) in trucks registered in their own countries and still get paid pennies.

I’m so glad things have changed for the better…

W

So clever cloggs, what about the english who drove abroad with trucks registered in their own country ( G.B. ) and were paid a lot less than their foreign counterparts…same…same.

truckyboy:
So clever cloggs, what about the english who drove abroad with trucks registered in their own country ( G.B. ) and were paid a lot less than their foreign counterparts…same…same.

If a British driver chose to drive a British registered truck in the rest of Europe he or she is and was legally entitled to do so. Whatever the pay.

The Eastern Europeans driving the Luxemborg registered Kralowetz trucks were not legally entitled to drive them at the time. That’s why they were repatriated.

I was working at H&S and used to transit Luxemborg pretty often. I remember seeing all the trucks parked up and being parked up.

As for the comparison in pay, I was on local rates in Holland and Belgium and after tax I was no better off than a Suttons or a Grampian driver.

Even much later, when I worked for APL in Denmark I don’t think I was much better off in real terms than my current wages here in the UK.

I suppose it depends on the kind of terms a driver is prepared or is under pressure to work for? Whatever the nationality…

W