Forwarders

How low will they go.

Was offered a load on Friday from Middlesbrough to Antwerp.

Rate €330.00

What planet are these people on?

330 Euro?
You’re kidding??

this is an fantastic thread good for you there should be more companies putting threads up like this. :smiley:

No im not kidding ianyg.

I suppose some idiot will of taken it for this price & then winged all the way home for the poor rate paid.

One day hopefully the guys who are doing loads for such poor rates will see the sense and tell em to stick there loads where the sun don`t shine.

Robbies Dad:
No im not kidding ianyg.

I suppose some idiot will of taken it for this price & then winged all the way home for the poor rate paid.

One day hopefully the guys who are doing loads for such poor rates will see the sense and tell em to stick there loads where the sun don`t shine.

That will only happen when countries such as Poland, Czech Republic and Slovakia pull themselves up and the cost of living there demands higher wages for the drivers and that in turn forces their companies to put up their freight rates, because after all its very likely that its companies from the new EU countries that are taking these loads and sending other loads like them down the same slope.

Our company export to Europe, based in Huntingdon we ship food packaging an catering disposables ( paper coffee cups and EPS cups etc) most customers are on ex works but we do have occaisions when we have to arrange frieght. We currently use 2 forwarders who are ok but as they are not directly in control of the trucks we have had problems, last week they sent a fridge truck in which was still wet inside so we were unable to load so had to wait another 24 hours for another truck. Would we be better off dealing direct with the transport companies. Where possible we like to use UK companies but we do seem to be getting more and more european companies coming in. The main places we are looking for are Lyon(2 per month) Genk (2 per month) Paris (3 per month)all full loads part pallets and bulk, occaisional Girona part load every month. I am now trying to put to gether a list of companies who can be of help is there a web site that might be useful or are any of you out there that might be interested.
Any help most appreciated.

Crispie

check your pm

Check your PM again