Forward facing cab camera

Has anyone any recommendations for one that can be moved easily from truck to truck. I don’t have a fixed truck and can have three different in a week. Thanks.

Can’t recommend any in particular, but if you have a smart phone, there are quite a few apps available that might be a better option for a cab hopper like yourself.:wink::smiley:

i am glad i have a camera fitted in my truck as its there to protect myself and records everything. i was involved in a rta two years ago this month, some ■■■■ decided to pull in front of me and hit the brakes, this was on the m25 i was doing fifty and luckily i managed to stand on the brakes and avoid a collision. they then drove of. ive been suffering form injuries from it ever since includeing losing several months of work. police could not do anything as i didnt get the chance to get the reg as the tossers drove of.

After this cameras were fitted in all trucks and several drivers have had there jobs saved as they have been proved innocent of being at fault. today for me is a prime example m4 slip onto m25 anticlockwise, im on the slip and a 7,5 coming up the outside and starts indictating to get into the slip, no idea what he is thinking as a skip lorry is in lane 1 and doing about 40, turns out hes on his mobile in full converstaion. rather than the 7.5 slowing down he sits right up the arse of the skip then slips in behind me. just thought to myself what a ■■■■. now on m25 same 7.5 comes pass me and then indicates then pulls right in front of me leaving about a metre, i hit the brakes and have to swerve into lane 2 to avoid an accident. why he decided to do this is anybodys guess, he also had two passengers. unfortunatly for him it was all recorded and his companys name and phone number was plastered all over the back of the vehicle.

video will be downloaded tommorrow and is being sent to the director of the company, as he is very interested to see it himself. its idiots like this is the reason why we have to protect ourselfs and ensure we get home everynight.

i quite like the look of this one. best of the bunch, imho.

actioncameras.co.uk/smartcam-2-hd-car-camera

doh wrong post lol

play.google.com/store/apps/deta … WNrYm94Il0.

try this you just need to get yourself a holder for phone and a good sd 32 card

Ebay sell them , cost about 48 quid , rubber suction onto the windscreen like a satnav , so it can be moved to whatever truck you want easily. It has a card like a camera photo card that slots in , it can record action & sound, time & date etc, it can record over its self at eg, every 10mins, 30mins etc depending on how you set it up. Has a plug in lead for the cigarette lighter to power it , records day & night vision:D

I’ve had several, smart witness svc50 or something like that kept blowing up so avoid those. I got a cheap one off eBay £ 15 looks a bit like a spider (sorry can’t post a link right now) works a treat picture quality isn’t good enough to read a number plate but good enough to identify cars by stickers and signage etc by far the best value for money one imo :slight_smile:

10-08:
I’ve had several, smart witness svc50 or something like that kept blowing up so avoid those. I got a cheap one off eBay £ 15 looks a bit like a spider (sorry can’t post a link right now) works a treat picture quality isn’t good enough to read a number plate but good enough to identify cars by stickers and signage etc by far the best value for money one imo :slight_smile:

Pictures signage aint the same as a number plate that is a definitive identification if something happened a sticker is unlikely to convict compared to a number plate

mastesallan:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jeon.blackbox&feature=nav_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDMsImNvbS5qZW9uLmJsYWNrYm94Il0.

try this you just need to get yourself a holder for phone and a good sd 32 card

That’s the one I use and for free its great.

JJ192:

10-08:

Pictures signage aint the same as a number plate that is a definitive identification if something happened a sticker is unlikely to convict compared to a number plate

No but if you can remember the number plate and say the car had a giant bunny rabbit or something unusual painted on the back it would be easy to say that it was definitely that car.

I tried a couple of the cheapy ones off Ebay and they were rubbish when they worked, I eventually bought a Roadhawk, £199.

Not the cheapest but you get what you pay for, wouldnt use anything else now.

Madguy :smiling_imp:

I bought one of these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/400331798962?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649 and to be honest for the price its brilliant. I put an 8gb memory card in and it records an hour at a time in 2 minute loops then just re writes over the oldest file. Doesnt last long on battery alone. I did find it interferes with my TOMTOM if next to it.