Forum software upgrade

Please be aware that tomorrow (Wednesday) we will be doing a software upgrade to the TruckNet UK forums, updating the mobile application software and doing some performance modifications to the server,

We do not expect any more than the occasional few minutes downtime to the forums, however server performance may be adversely affected for an extended period, leading to slow page loads or time outs.

Will Tapatalk still integrate after upgrade?

dar1976:
Will Tapatalk still integrate after upgrade?

Yes that is the mobile application upgrade to the latest version…

Is this why I can’t read the posts on my mobile then ?

I can. That is where I am replying from

Why do people put “Sent by Tapatalk?” Is it the format that does this automatically or is it someone bragging?
Has there been problems recently? TNUK seems slow to load on my phone and laptop…

Muckaway:
Why do people put “Sent by Tapatalk?”

It’s a default setting on Tapatalk on phones. I turned mine off.

I find it’s easier to browse but sometimes takes longer to reply due to touch screen keyboard. Swings and roundabouts

dar1976:

Muckaway:
Why do people put “Sent by Tapatalk?”

It’s a default setting on Tapatalk on phones. I turned mine off.

I find it’s easier to browse but sometimes takes longer to reply due to touch screen keyboard. Swings and roundabouts

Thanks for that.

Sent from my laptop as I ■■■■■■.

how do i get tapatalk? do i have to pay for it?

Sent from my laptop on my laptop whilst scratching my knuts.

Ignore this. Tachograph’s answer below is correct

mucker85:

tapatalk.com

mucker85:

Sent from my laptop on my laptop whilst scratching my knuts.

it depends on what sort of phone you have , for iphone its here

itunes.apple.com/gb/app/tapatalk … 80732?mt=8

there are also versions for android, blackberry & nokia

dar1976:

mucker85:

Check out your apps store. If you have an Iphone / Ipad as I do you go to itunes and search tapatalk. As I remember (though it’s been a while so don’t quote me) there is a free forum reader version or for a small price you get the Pro version that allows you to reply.

PM me if you want more info

is it the one by Quoord Systems Limited for £1.99

mucker85:

dar1976:

mucker85:

Check out your apps store. If you have an Iphone / Ipad as I do you go to itunes and search tapatalk. As I remember (though it’s been a while so don’t quote me) there is a free forum reader version or for a small price you get the Pro version that allows you to reply.

Yes

dar1976:

mucker85:

dar1976:

mucker85:

Yes

just downloading it, anything i should make a note of? watch out for? etc?

Not really. It did go through a stage of being quite unstable but it has been updated a few times and I think they finally sorted it.

Just search TruckNetUK and log in using your usual ID and Password. Once you login it will store it on the home screen.

dar1976:
Not really. It did go through a stage of being quite unstable but it has been updated a few times and I think they finally sorted it.

Just search TruckNetUK and log in using your usual ID and Password. Once you login it will store it on the home screen.

just need to remember my password now! it’s saved on my computer so i don’t need to remember it! ■■■■!

Oh and Tapatalk has a few ‘interesting’ forums to join (so I hear) :wink:

dar1976:
Oh and Tapatalk has a few ‘interesting’ forums to join (so I hear) :wink:

er, no thanks. i have enough leather and polishing do deal with on my bike, thanks.