Forum downtime tonight

The forums will be offline from around 1am overnight tonight (Sat 17th Jan ) for a while , This is to repair and make adjustments to the database that has been causing some issues. It is thought we will only be offline for a couple hours at most, unless more major problems appear.

UPDATE: Maintenance completed. Let us know if you see any anomalies.

Oh no! I’ll have to speak to my wife :open_mouth:

The Sarge:
Oh no! I’ll have to speak to my wife :open_mouth:

So will I.

Is she ok if we all come round & talk Lorry’s for a few hours ?

She’s used to diesel smoke after 25 years :wink:

The work has been completed. most of what has been done wont be noticeable to you guys, but will make the running of the forums easier- however if you notice any issues/bugs please post in this topic so we can look at them

I’m looking through tapatalk and there’s a lot of Scandinavian letters appearing randomly. This Å being the most popular.

Can’t access the site via wifi on iPad, message says ‘the server stopped responding’ but managed to log in on iPhone if I turn wifi off and use cellular!

Actrosman:
Can’t access the site via wifi on iPad, message says ‘the server stopped responding’ but managed to log in on iPhone if I turn wifi off and use cellular!

Sounds more a problem with your wifi.

m1cks:

Actrosman:

It’s the only site in having problems with…watched City get drubbed on iPad while in the garage polishing me car!!

Actrosman:

m1cks:

Actrosman:

It’s the only site in having problems with…watched City get drubbed on iPad while in the garage polishing me car!!

Have you fully closed the app and cleared the cache? That may help.

Cleared it, rebooted iPad/router and no change. No joy no matter what search engine I try. Just tried random sites and no troubles there, just getting on here! Using phone atm…I gotta come off nights…can’t see anything I’m typing! Incidentally, was ok before the site went down

Actrosman:
Cleared it, rebooted iPad/router and no change. No joy no matter what search engine I try. Just tried random sites and no troubles there, just getting on here! Using phone atm…I gotta come off nights…can’t see anything I’m typing! Incidentally, was ok before the site went down

I’ve had exactly that trouble before, and on multiple occasions. :frowning:

So have Winseer and harry, plus some other posters whose names I can’t remember.

It can be quite maddening I know, but the consensus is that it’s to do with server routings by ISPs VM/NTL.
I complained repeatedly to VM and got nowhere for a while, but then I asked to be put through to whoever terminates accounts.
The problem (which they denied even existed) was solved pretty quickly once I threatened to terminate, and I had to employ that tactic on each occasion. :smiling_imp:

Here’s a link, and you’ll find other similar reports if you search the Feedback Forum:

I hope you get it fixed up soon.

newmercman:
I’m looking through tapatalk and there’s a lot of Scandinavian letters appearing randomly. This Å being the most popular.

I’ve been trying to read through old posts and I notice that in addition to the Scandinavian 'A’s, there are Euro-currency symbols, 'a’s with grave accents, ~ signs, TM logos and little 's’s all over the place, making it impossible to follow conversations between posters in some places. The use of the double quotation key seems to be manifesting itself in triple characters from the above list. Robert :open_mouth:

Chrome browser is showing ‘this webpage is not available’. I’ll be ringing VM up later, with a different issue…that our BB speed has dropped from 60mb to 20mb…on a good day!!

Have just discovered that if I create a wifi hotspot on my phone and connect to that, I can access the site

I had a bit of a problem a few weeks ago, when the long posts ie: Interesting Stories were having a bit of a rough time. At the moment, and in fact since that one time, I have great reception on my iPad and I am in São Paulo, Brasil.