Forum downtime TODAY 16/02/11

We will be taking the forums offline later on this evening to move to a new server.

the move should not take more than a couple hours and hopefully a lot less.

When we come back on line most internet routers should find the new server quite quickly, but we do not have any control over these and some have been known to take upto 24 hours.

We will hopefully post on this thread an update around an hour before we take the forums down.

Once we have moved to the new server and sure it is stable, we will be addressing some of the issues raised with the new look,

To update this…
We are moving over 6 gigabytes of data (thats a lot) to the new data centre and our new server. we think will will be ready to turn off the forums and take a snapshot of the current database in the early hours of tomorrow (today) then do the actual move over.

If all goes well by tomorrow morning we will be up and running, if it doesnt go well… then we will revert to this server and I will spend Wednesday sitting in the corner rocking backwards and forwards slowly muttering to myself

Rikki-UK:
To update this…
We are moving over 6 gigabytes of data (thats a lot) to the new data centre and our new server. we think will will be ready to turn off the forums and take a snapshot of the current database in the early hours of tomorrow (today) then do the actual move over.

If all goes well by tomorrow morning we will be up and running, if it doesnt go well… then we will revert to this server and I will spend Wednesday sitting in the corner rocking backwards and forwards slowly muttering to myself

Judging by the 45 second page load times again today, I’m guessing it don’t go too well. :laughing:

Rob K:
Judging by the 45 second page load times again today, I’m guessing it don’t go too well. :laughing:

I was just about to say the opposite as it is much quicker for me today! How is everyone else finding it?

JDClark:

Rob K:

I was just about to say the opposite as it is much quicker for me today! How is everyone else finding it?

It was running properly for a while - like now for example - but then it runs out of puff again and has to lay down for a few hours to recover. There’s been no confirmation from Trikki that we’re hooked up to the new server yet so I think reading between the lines that means we aren’t.

Rob K:

JDClark:

Rob K:

It was running properly for a while - like now for example - but then it runs out of puff again and has to lay down for a few hours to recover. There’s been no confirmation from Trikki that we’re hooked up to the new server yet so I think reading between the lines that means we aren’t.

Yeah It’s the same here Rob OK for a couple of hours, then It’s all over the place again.

There was a delay with the migration, but we are just about ready to go ahead, so the forums will be going offline very shortly

We are now on the new server, and I for one am seeing a marked increase in speed , howvever can you use this thread to let us know of any issues…

I’ll be sure to let you know. Who is your new host? :wink:

Rob K:

I would tell ya, but then I would have to kill ya… super top secret you know :grimacing:

or you could do a tracecert get the IP then use google :slight_smile:

PS I got your PM and will look into it… but been a tad busy, and it is my day off

As it stands the move has eliminated a number of “hops” for me and avoided totally the router in Chicago that was looping.The longest tiime I am getting from any router is <30Ms where as we were getting >130 Ms from some routers to the old data centre.

It is early days yet but I am seeiing a marked improvement

My bookmarks no longer work, getting a page not found 404

old address was: trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/index.php

new page is at: Trucknet UK

Rikki-UK:

Rob K:

I would tell ya, but then I would have to kill ya… super top secret you know :grimacing:

:wink: :wink: :wink:

Henk:
My bookmarks no longer work, getting a page not found 404

old address was: trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/index.php

new page is at: Trucknet UK

henk,
Sorry missed your post somehow.

the phpBB2 address was defunct a couple years ago when we moved to the updated software (phpBB 3)
there was a redirect on the old address which is why those bookmarks still worked.