Fortnightly driving rule

Now I know it is 90 hours but if I have had a reduced weekly rest period and full length weekly rest period in the 14 day window does that change anything or not, just so im sure when I argue the case at work?

Thanks

Alcpone:
Now I know it is 90 hours but if I have had a reduced weekly rest period and full length weekly rest period in the 14 day window does that change anything or not, just so im sure when I argue the case at work?

Nope. The rule is simply that in any two consecutive weeks (where a week is defined as 00:00 monday to 24:00 sunday) that you will drive no more than 90 hours. Nothing to do with anything else changes that.

HTH,
Paul

So even if my working week didnt start until wednesday, the start of the week would still be monday for the 90 hour rule? I am just trying to make sure with the 4 on 4 off rule im doing is right as work are wanting me to do 6 on 2 off for last week and the coming week.

Alcpone:
So even if my working week didnt start until wednesday, the start of the week would still be monday for the 90 hour rule? I am just trying to make sure with the 4 on 4 off rule im doing is right as work are wanting me to do 6 on 2 off for last week and the coming week.

That’s correct, the week always starts at 00:00 Monday and finishes at 24:00 Sunday, so the fortnightly driving time is 90 hours starting at 00:00 Monday and finishing 14 days later at 24:00 Sunday regardless of what shifts you work.

Have a read of [u]page 15[/u] GV262, in the example there’s 58 hours driven between two weekly rest periods which is legal because there’s still only 56 hours in one week and 90 hours over the two fixed weeks.

Nice one.

Just have to worry about WTD lol

If you are on a digi tacho have a look at the fortnightly total after you have had a weekly rest which doesn’t go over midnight Sunday and you will see it hasn’t changed, it will only do so when you go past midnight Sunday.

Last Sunday I started my shift with just 7 hours and 29 minutes driving left of the 90 so I had to try to time it right. I hit midnight with 7 hours and 24 minutes driving for the shift done and was okay to crack on then as just over 53 hours dropped off the fortnightly total.

Ive never had to worry about anything more than a 45 min break through my day when I was local multi drop, now im doing distance I am making sure I keep a record on my laptop what hours ive done. I start a 6 day working week on wednesday night, which will take me up to tuesday morning then im having 4 days off if work like it or not im not doing any overtime next week im ■■■■■■ lol