Forth Bridge Rescue

Van and driver rescued by fire brigade, when it was a bit windy!

Flipping eck! and that was only on the rise to the main elevated section by the look of it, very lucky i’d say, with a hint of stupidity thrown in

They were lucky not to get killed.

Someone posted it last Saturday. viewtopic.php?f=2&t=108104

Rew:

Yeah 4 hours after this was posted.
Years ago this wouldnt have happened, loaded trucks were run wind side to protect light loaded vehicles to keep the bridge open for everyone.
Guess there is no bridge control since the tolls were lifted.

“Rescued by the fire brigade” :neutral_face:
Mind you,a lot cheaper than a wrecker.
Wonder how much they would have charged to reverse side by side for a couple of minutes?

weeto:

Rew:

Years ago this wouldnt have happened, loaded trucks were run wind side to protect light loaded vehicles to keep the bridge open for everyone.

My first experience of this practice was actually on the Forth Road bridge around 1982, how times change

Must have been terrifying, however

Its driver had apparently ignored warning signs for high-sided vehicles not to use the bridge, which was being battered by 90mph winds during a storm on 5 December.

the bill for the brigade and any damage to the barrier is going to be painful!

I had a 17tn removals van hit the central reservation in snow on the A66 (actually ended up with the driver being run over by his own truck) and I must say the bill for the barrier was more than the truck repair! (Driver was not too badly hurt thankfully and learnt a valuable seat belt lesson).

Waco:

weeto:

Rew:

My first experience of this practice was actually on the Forth Road bridge around 1982, how times change

Bridge control or as they like to be called “feta” is based in the old truck park in south queensferry share the same building as transport Scotland.

I had a truck years ago come beside me on the friarton bridge, I thought he was some kinda heid the baw till a few mile down the road I finally worked out he was taking the brunt of the wind off my truck. He must have seen me getting ragdolled on the A90.

years ago the forth bridge patrol used to send you over in pairs when it was windy

I went over the bridge today twice up then back down to Broxburn high winds warning I sat in the middle of the 2 lanes just to stop anyone coming up the side of me incase I got hit by a strong gust the cars behind we’re flashing there lights to get past even though it was restricted to 40mph and I was doing that with my knuckles white holding the truck in place and we wonder why there is so many accidents.

Frazer smith:
I went over the bridge today twice up then back down to Broxburn high winds warning I sat in the middle of the 2 lanes just to stop anyone coming up the side of me incase I got hit by a strong gust the cars behind we’re flashing there lights to get past even though it was restricted to 40mph and I was doing that with my knuckles white holding the truck in place and we wonder why there is so many accidents.

there are so many accidents because there are so many idiots, who cant see more than ten foot in front of them… and, they can’t have their brain switched on at the same time as their ignition.