FORS

anybody recently signed up for FORS, or thinking about it, I would be interested to hear your views. getting more customers asking for it all the time.

Uttoxeter got it Andy and since then Askeys got it too,Ask them may be best.

ive heard huthwaite getting it to dan, wot about u,sold erf u missed out there

No you lost out lol,I’ll be doing it mid next year I would think ,too busy now,may have a bigger yard by then as well.

longpod:
anybody recently signed up for FORS, or thinking about it, I would be interested to hear your views. getting more customers asking for it all the time.

Hi there, yes we have the Silver accreditation. Its a good scheme and we would recommend it to anyone, please feel free to message me if you would like any info

Matt Wheeler

R.Swain & Sons Ltd

FORS ID 000531

There’s a few “hoops to jump through” for a small business but so far so good! just hoping to get it sorted as more & more clients are asking for it!

If you have regular work into London then it is becoming necessary to have bronze award at least. More and more customers are asking for it and it has attracted a couple of new customers in the past six months. You can also get away with charging slightly higher rates to cover your costs of obtaining FORS accreditataion.

I’ve had a 3 hr audit today ,if you run 1 to 5 or 6 vehicles its very easy ,if you are doing everything you should be already doing to stay compliant in general ,and you’ve got all the docs to hand then there’s nothing to worry about .

I am now on bronze.

Yet another layer of un-necessary b/s for the British haulier to contend with. Remember the Transport Levy? And the benefits that tachographs were supposed to bring?

It’s nearly been a year now and it’s time again ,in this time I’ve done about 6 jobs which were Fors sites and not one asked for my fors number ,the first 3 jobs were small cardboard boxes which went on whilst I was in London anyway and charged at full rate so a good bonus was had ,I got one customer who asks for fors hauliers every time rather than to risk a lorry being turned away ,anyone else got fors yet ,was it worth it for you ?

I just decided it was easier not to go to London :stuck_out_tongue:

as Dan says, bronze is easy, if u run right you will already been doing it, just have to place it in an order they want, if think of doing it, do it now whilst its still free for audit as it is going private next year